• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Agree To Terms With 1st Rd Pick Jaycee Horn Here are The Contract Details

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-agree-terms-first-round-145247164.html

Raleigh News and Observer

Panthers agree to terms with first-round pick Jaycee Horn. Here are the contract details

93cc95bfce0acc0b25b4e4a51e7cfd5e

Alaina Getzenberg
Tue, June 15, 2021, 10:52 AM·1 min read

Jaycee Horn is officially under contract.

The Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms with the first-round pick, the team announced just prior to the start of mandatory minicamp Tuesday.

As the eighth overall pick, Horn will earn $21.1 million fully guaranteed in his four-year deal. He has a $12.7 million signing bonus. The possibility of a fifth-year option is part of his contract.

Horn was one of four Panthers still unsigned heading into this week. WR Terrace Marshall, OL Brady Christensen and TE Tommy Tremble remain unsigned. The majority of this year’s first-round picks have already been signed with 10 still waiting to complete deals.

The cornerback was missing from last week’s voluntary organized team activity open to the media. No explanation was given for his absence. The former University of South Carolina player was the first defensive player selected in the 2021 NFL draft. He is expected to start right away.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 3

The signing of Jaycee Horn was good news. Now we need to get the other three top draftee's WR Terrace Marshall, OL Brady Christensen and TE Tommy Tremble signed.

The majority of this year’s NFL first-round picks have already been signed with 10 still waiting to complete deals.

• Pie 1

"Talking to him, as I said, he is somebody that is extremely serious about not just being an NFL player but being a great NFL player,"-- Panthers head coach Matt Rhule 

Horn said of his father:

"He gave me a lot of advice, but the two main things were first, never feeling like I know it all, keeping that empty cup and being willing to learn from any and everybody in the building. Learn from the vets, learn from the coaches, everybody.

"And two, just recently he was telling me that it's a business. You've been picked high, you've got a job to do out there, and it comes with a lot of weight. So make sure you're prepared, and ready, and be there when the time comes."

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

The cornerback was missing from last week’s voluntary organized team activity open to the media. No explanation was given for his absence. The former University of South Carolina player was the first defensive player selected in the 2021 NFL draft. He is expected to start right away.

Was the contract reason for not participating?

10 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Horn better win DROTY or it’ll be a bad pick. First defensive player off the board. Should’ve went with Parsons. 

And what? Put Jackson on #1s…with no safety? Lol

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

The signing of Jaycee Horn was good news. Now we need to get the other three top draftee's WR Terrace Marshall, OL Brady Christensen and TE Tommy Tremble signed.

The majority of this year’s NFL first-round picks have already been signed with 10 still waiting to complete deals.

I can confirm T. Marshall is in Charlotte. I ran into him at the elevators of a popular Charlotte condo building. Welcomed him to the Panthers, he's very tall

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, NAS said:

Was the contract reason for not participating?

If he got hurt before signing he could have lost all that money and they weren't under obligation to sign him. Obviously a first rounder is different from a UDFA but most guys don't practice until they are signed if they are smart  

Now that he's signed the deal and seen the kind of money he's making, does he finally think he can afford a Lamborghini Urus?  In one of the pre-draft training videos the guys were talking about their dream cars and and Jaycee said he won't be able to afford his dream car.  I could have swore he was about to say something like a Bugatti with that statement.  Then he said Urus.  I immediately thought "I've got some good news for ya."