• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video highlights from Panthers minicamp

Zod

26 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It used to be well understood that offenses were behind defenses well in to training camp if not beyond. This is June. Rhule explained as much when he said OL isn't allowed to do much of anything that constitutes actual OL play.

What happened to things that used to be common knowledge ?

You’re old like me now. I know this forum is prehistoric but sometimes I have to remind myself too that people come and go and when they come they usually started where I started, which is not knowing poo lol

2 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

That’s why we need to sign a legitimate backup QB. Too late now. Stuck with two JAGs that should be working a normal jobs like the rest of us. PJ and Grier are so bad it’s not even funny.

You mention JAGS frequently but don't seem to know what it means. PJ and Grier are way below JAG level.   

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

That’s why we need to sign a legitimate backup QB. Too late now. Stuck with two JAGs that should be working a normal jobs like the rest of us. PJ and Grier are so bad it’s not even funny.

What clip were you watching? Cause darnold and grier threw those interceptions in that video. 

8 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

It used to be well understood that offenses were behind defenses well in to training camp if not beyond. This is June. Rhule explained as much when he said OL isn't allowed to do much of anything that constitutes actual OL play.

None of those clips had anything to do with the OL. WR’s trying to body catch, timing issues, wobble issues, not getting separation. That’s said. None of those guys were the ones though in either clip besides Darnold so we’ll see if Jeremy has anything interesting to report today. 

11 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Offense being worse than the defense is the step back. Our O was pretty much fine last year except when things were clutch… the defense not so much. 

I assume most of the big assets weren’t in the rotation though in the scrimmages. 

Maybe our D got so much better that they leapfrogged the Offense, glass half full, lol. 

9 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

The systematic dumbing down of the American population in the pursuit of a new serf class that barely scrapes by living paycheck to paycheck so the wealthy and ruling class gets richer while said serf class accepts their lot in life as long as their "side" wins.🤔

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

For the offseason this is true. But it's not as if Carolina has had a consistent offense the last few years either. The Panthers have struggled to keep up with their divisional foes and it has shown in a putrid record. The left tackle spot still being up in the air ten years on doesn't help either. It should be of little surprise there will be a degree of skepticism in camp and elsewhere until we see some real progress in the regular season.

9 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Why is it too late?  Can still pick-up someone at final cut time.  I'm sure that Rhule and Fitterer are not 100% content to roll with these two and will make the appropriate roster moves when a better option presents itself.

21 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Why is it too late?  Can still pick-up someone at final cut time.  I'm sure that Rhule and Fitterer are not 100% content to roll with these two and will make the appropriate roster moves when a better option presents itself.

I would be stunned if we sign another QB around cut time(barring injury to any of our current ones). That doesn't really make much of an impact for a potential #2 or #3 QB.

I think the plan is Darnold or bust. If he sucks or gets injured, we lose games with PJ and Grier and then maybe we get a better shot at our next QB or some other elite prospect.

There is no real good reason to go dumpster diving at QB during the post camp cuts(barring injury to our current ones). You aren't likely to get a guy substantially better and you are also getting getting a guy that has no time in your system.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would be stunned if we sign another QB around cut time(barring injury to any of our current ones). That doesn't really make much of an impact for a potential #2 or #3 QB.

I think the plan is Darnold or bust. If he sucks or gets injured, we lose games with PJ and Grier and then maybe we get a better shot at our next QB or some other elite prospect.

There is no real good reason to go dumpster diving at QB during the post camp cuts(barring injury to our current ones). You aren't likely to get a guy substantially better and you are also getting getting a guy that has no time in your system.

Fair