• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn Minicamp Press Conference

SBBlue

link:Jaycee Horn talks to the media after signing rookie contract (panthers.com)

Feels good to get the contract done.  Ready to get back to playing football and focus solely on football.

Did you miss last week because of the contract?
Following the advice of my people, my agent.  My job is football, I leave all the other stuff to the team and my agent.  I get here when they tell me to.

On training and minicamp
I'm getting better everyday. New situation, new coaches, new teammates and biggest thing new playbook. I'm trying to get better in all those areas everyday and it gets smoother as days go by.

Biggest challenge
Names, remembering everybody's names in the building.

Its a little bit of a tough transition, new coaches might teach a different way than you learned in college.  New plays and guys are just smarter and everybody's athletic so try to get that edge in the playbook and the filmroom.

Goals
Getting as good as I can.  Right now the playbook. You play way faster and have more confidence when you know the playbook inside out.

We've been together for a couple practices, most of the db room is here.  Great learning from Bouye, Melvin, Donte, seasoned vets, asking them 1000 questions.  I'm sure I'm getting annoying to them because I'm just trying to learn as much as I can because those guys did it for a long time and that's where I'm trying to get to.

For example I was watching some of AJ's tape in Houston and I asked him about one of the plays and AJ was like, What you doing watching that film?  I watch a lot of those guys film and try to get little pointers and stuff for them.

Queston:  I thought I heard Matt Rhule say that you need to get your wind back after being off of the field for a while.  Can you tell me where you are from a conditioning standpoint and some of the things you were able to do while away from the team the past couple weeks.

Smiles.  I didn't hear Coach Rhule say that. I felt good.  Felt as good as I did when I left.  Tempo picked up in practice a little bit.  For me I was just staying in shape running and doing conditioning stuff to be ready when I came back.

I can't answer the contract questions cause I don't know.

Who on the offensive side has most impressed you as a defender?
Seeing Christian McCaffrey in action.  The mans so fast so explosive.  Seeing it on tape is one thing but when you see it right in front of your face, its 10 times faster.   We weren't matched up, but I seen him freeze a dude or make a move..he's just explosive and its mindblowing when I see it.

I was in Charlotte while away, it was cool, there wasn't anything that was bothering me, of course I missed being out there playing football.  I just stay out of it and be ready be prepared when I was able to come back.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I'm sure I'm getting annoying to them because I'm just trying to learn as much as I can because those guys did it for a long time and that's where I'm trying to get to.

For example I was watching some of AJ's tape in Houston and I asked him about one of the plays and AJ was like, What you doing watching that film?  I watch a lot of those guys film and try to get little pointers and stuff for them.

Just LOVE this attitude.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1