• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule see’s Brady Christensen more of a RT or OG than a LT

ncfan

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Professionally, were I Moton, I would probably put my foot down on this move (if it's even a real thing).

not really clear if you're saying whether he should be for or against a LT move?

I'd think he should be for it, as the earning potential is significantly higher for a great LT. Even if he doesn't work out at LT like he has at RT I don't think that would harm his value that much, he's already proven he can play RT at a very high level. That's not gonna change with a year of less than stellar LT tape, if that's what were to happen.

Honestly though, from the team's perspective I don't really see any other option at LT this season, except maybe planning to scheme around it, but we've seen how well that has worked with other coaches since Gross retired... Brady is theoretically better than Shula/Turner but still wouldn't be too excited about Erving or someone else at LT. It's a glaring weakness unless we try Moton there and RT would be less of a weakness with Christensen or Erving or whoever...

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

Erving or someone else at LT. It's a glaring weakness unless we try Moton there and RT would be less of a weakness with Christensen or Erving or whoever...

My memory is fuzzy and I'm too lazy to look it up.  I know Moton played at least part one game at LT.  Was that it? Can someone who knows OT go back and review that game / those games?  I seem to recall that the verdict was "ok, not great (but certainly better than Daryl Williams was at the time!)"

Aren't we taking a risk by potentially asking TWO players (one a rookie) to play out of position?  If Christensen were a star RT I might feel differently but (correct me if I'm wrong!) all he played in college was LT...

If everyone else on the roster who's being evaluated for LT is awful and Moton is the best, sure, switch him there, but it feels like a move out of desperation.  Or maybe I'm just too scarred from the team's past experiments with RTs Remmers & Daryl Williams at LT....! (and hadn't Bell always played on the right too?)  Shudders... 

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

My memory is fuzzy and I'm too lazy to look it up.  I know Moton played at least part one game at LT.  Was that it? Can someone who knows OT go back and review that game / those games?  I seem to recall that the verdict was "ok, not great (but certainly better than Daryl Williams was at the time!)"

Aren't we taking a risk by potentially asking TWO players (one a rookie) to play out of position?  If Christensen were a star RT I might feel differently but (correct me if I'm wrong!) all he played in college was LT...

If everyone else on the roster who's being evaluated for LT is awful and Moton is the best, sure, switch him there, but it feels like a move out of desperation.  Or maybe I'm just too scarred from the team's past experiments with RTs Remmers & Daryl Williams at LT....! (and hadn't Bell always played on the right too?)  Shudders... 

https://youtu.be/FHBZ6mIB4jQ?t=565

Here's the only game I can remember him playing LT (2019 against the Packers).  He was moved to LT late in the game due to injuries I believe, but that link should take you to his first offensive snap in the highlight video.  The highlight video on YouTube is all I can access unfortunately, I don't know if there are any videos out there that'll show footage of every snap.

All in all there was definitely much more bad than good IMO, but I doubt he had taken many (if any) snaps at LT in practice so he was kinda just thrust into that role.  It also rained/snowed late in the game so definitely suboptimal conditions all around for him to be getting his first exposure to the position.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 4

I am gonna be straight honest, it kind of seems like the staff/FO has no idea what they wanted from Christensen when they drafted him. That's kind of concerning for a third round draft pick.

Hopefully this is all unwarranted worrying but I am not exactly out at ease by every few weeks the word from the team being that Brady is a different position(LT, OG, RT). 

Unless this is some long con that always had us letting Moton go and Brady was going to be our RT no matter what. If so.....bravo. Well played.

• Pie 1