• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule see’s Brady Christensen more of a RT or OG than a LT

ncfan

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am gonna be straight honest, it kind of seems like the staff/FO has no idea what they wanted from Christensen when they drafted him. That's kind of concerning for a third round draft pick.

They had him rated as a second round guard. I think that is where he ends up for a few years then moves to RT. 

Basically he is Travelle Wharton. 

• Pie 4

Rhule’s only NFL experience is OL coach. I sure hope that is an indicator that he knows what he’s doing there. 
If Moton was going to make the switch he should have done it a few years back. If his agent told him he could get LT money, I can’t blame him for not doing something that might not be comfortable to him.

it is strange that they’ve changed their tune considerably about BC. I wonder what they’ve seen, good or bad.

48 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Yea I think he is referring to arm length

His arms are shorter than the LT minimum recommendation of like 33”, but if he can play LT, I’d love him to be a stud.  He can definitely play the position as he showed at BYU.  Does less of an inch matter that much?  I guess we’ll see (in before my wife/gf thinks so).  I think he can actually be a good LT.  His athletic scores were fantastic and imo that matters more than less of an inch of arm length. He’s the guy I’m most excited about behind Horn, even more than Tremble.  We’ve needed great OL players for a long time. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, KB_fan said:

My memory is fuzzy and I'm too lazy to look it up.  I know Moton played at least part one game at LT.  Was that it? Can someone who knows OT go back and review that game / those games?  I seem to recall that the verdict was "ok, not great (but certainly better than Daryl Williams was at the time!)"

Rivera actually started Moton at left tackle for one game a couple of seasons ago, then moved him back after the first series.

It was kind of hard to judge anything because Ron wimped out so quick.

I remember thinking that was one of the stupidest things I'd seen him do.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, PandaMan said:

His arms are shorter than the LT minimum recommendation of like 33”, but if he can play LT, I’d love him to be a stud.  He can definitely play the position as he showed at BYU.  Does less of an inch matter that much?  I guess we’ll see (in before my wife/gf thinks so).  I think he can actually be a good LT.  His athletic scores were fantastic and imo that matters more than less of an inch of arm length. He’s the guy I’m most excited about behind Horn, even more than Tremble.  We’ve needed great OL players for a long time. 

It's more than an inch.  Average/ideal is 35"+.  The 33" number seen around is really the bare minimum.  It's a "you have to draw the line somewhere" type situation.  For Rhule, maybe his line is at 33 1/2" or 34".  I think there is more to playing LT than arm length, but it's obvious it's something the coaching staff cares about to some extent.