• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold's feeling at home, and growing into his role

Yes, there is a chance this doesn't work. But man, there is a whole lot of positives being thrown at Sam. It really seems like you truly have to try extremely hard, to find something negative to complain about.

Well, if you let go of the past anyway.

• Pie 3

Cautiously optimistic. I've been following the Panthers for long enough not to get suckered totally by the May-August fluff pieces that come out and have people thinking "insert player X" will be great for us this year! And then is a complete disaster. That being said, I really do feel like Sam will grow into an effective QB for us, but I also know that's 80% blind homerism at the end of the day. I hope the hunch is right this year. Let's get fuging pounding

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Who knows if this science experiment will work out, but I already have a much better feeling about this than I did about bringing in Teddy.

Fingers crossed, because the talent on this team is ready for the next step...injuries aside.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Cautiously optimistic. I've been following the Panthers for long enough not to get suckered totally by the May-August fluff pieces that come out and have people thinking "insert player X" will be great for us this year! And then is a complete disaster. That being said, I really do feel like Sam will grow into an effective QB for us, but I also know that's 80% blind homerism at the end of the day. I hope the hunch is right this year. Let's get fuging pounding

I get that, but this is the season for hope.  We've had some starts these past few years they extend the hope for 4-5 games.   That's all I'm hopeing for...to win the games we're supposed to win plus one.   I really want to beat a winning team this year.

I just want some exciting play.  The man can scramble,  he has probably more experience doing that than most QB's in the NFL.  The man has range.  Watching Sam/Robby highlights is a glimpse of what could be.  This has a reasonable chance to work.

• Pie 2

The grass will be greener here than it was in New York for Darnold when he scans the field for pass-catching targets.

D.J. Moore is one of the better, young YAC wideouts in football, Robby Anderson had the strongest, most productive connection with Darnold during his time with the Jets, and second-round selection Terrace Marshall scored the quietest 13 touchdowns in college football history in 2019 with Joe Brady, the Panthers' offensive coordinator, calling the plays at LSU.

And then, of course, there's Christian McCaffrey, the No. 1 pick in many fantasy drafts. Do the Panthers have a premier skill-position group? No. But it's a step ahead of what the Jets trotted out for Darnold after picking him No. 3 overall in the 2018 draft.

Up front is where Darnold will see more noticeable improvement. He was pressured on 42.1% of his drop-backs in 2020, the second-highest rate in the league out of qualifying quarterbacks.

Conversely, the ultra-conservative, get-it-out-quickly passer Teddy Bridgewater's pressure rate was just 30.9%.
  • Pie 3

On 6/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, Riverboat Ron said:

Sam: "You up?"

I can just picture a "Ding!" from a player's phone and the guy wakes up all bleary-eyed to see what emergency text he is getting....and it's a question from Sam.   😁

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I can just picture a "Ding!" from a player's phone and the guy wakes up all bleary-eyed to see what emergency text he is getting....and it's a question from Sam.   😁

"Dummkopf!  Are you going to be sacked between now and 8am?"

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

"Dummkopf!  Are you going to be sacked between now and 8am?"

Didn't know Carolina Panther players spoke German....

Edited by glenwo2

On 6/18/2021 at 9:55 PM, glenwo2 said:

Didn't know Carolina Panther players spoke German....

Yep, forget RAS, versatility and dawg mentality. The secret to our success lies with polyglots with a specialization in Teutonic languages.