• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minicamp notebook: New rules ease restrictions on vaccinated

42 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I think that Jeremy has an obligation to remove posts and posters that are outright wrong and dangerous.

Ah, the culture of cancellation has arrived.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 4

17 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

The appeal of the mRNA vaccines is the ability to change the instructions to emulate the various spike proteins such that the antibodies can recognize and the T cells can destroy. The researchers don't seem concerned about updating these instructions.

Yes, of course, the vaccines are fantastic.  They've remained viable despite several variants since their development.  Hopefully they remain viable, but there remains the potential that vaccine modifications may be required over time, much like we see with flu shots.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/scicheck-so-far-vaccines-remain-effective-against-variants/

8 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

2. More adverse events for COVID vaccines have been reported than all other vaccines combined, by several orders of magnitude.  

3. Per research conducted by Harvard and other institutions, only 1% of actual events end up being reported to VAERS so, the actual number of adverse incidents in the population is much higher than what is captured by the VAERS system.

I had a headache and some chills for a couple hours after my second shot.  My arm was significantly sore for a couple days at the injection site.  These are "adverse events" and were never reported.  Almost everyone who gets these shots have "adverse events".  So in your thought process, since basically 100% of vaccine recipients have "adverse events" vs less than 100% of COVID infections having "adverse events", contracting Covid MUST be safer?  Right?  That's your logic right?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yes, of course, the vaccines are fantastic.  They've remained viable despite several variants since their development.  Hopefully they remain viable, but there remains the potential that vaccine modifications may be required over time, much like we see with flu shots.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/scicheck-so-far-vaccines-remain-effective-against-variants/

That's the benefit of the mRNA vaccines. They are already developing boosters that can cover the variants.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

So in your thought process, since basically 100% of vaccine recipients have "adverse events" vs less than 100% of COVID infections having "adverse events", contracting Covid MUST be safer?  Right?  That's your logic right?

No, my 'logic' is that the system for reporting adverse events has been overwhelmed by a massive number of reported cases and that staff cannot possibly review and investigate each claim properly in such a short period of time.  My 'logic' is caution.

Please do not make claims for what I MUST think.  I can speak for myself, I do not need you to do that for me.  Thank you.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

It will need to be updated and can be pretty easily. That's the benefit of the mRNA. They are already developing boosters that can cover the variants.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.  Any needed vaccine modifications will have been based on increased deaths due to virus variants.  We're trying to avoid more deaths right?  So if more people would simply get vaccinated we'd reach herd immunity and this conversation would be mute.