• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minicamp notebook: New rules ease restrictions on vaccinated

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

With the vaccine available, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to anyone forced to miss time due to COVID to lose their pay during that time. It's literally entirely your own fault. 

Absolutely. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The vaccine means I won't get COVID? 

That's not quite how it works. 

Lessens the chances of getting it. 

Does not eliminate the threat. 

The vaccine teaches your immune system how to kill the virus. Yes, you can still get the virus, but within minutes, your immune system has killed it. 

Google that ish. I wish more folks would do the research, instead of relying on alternative news. Heaven forbid folks spend 10 minutes to educate themselves. Johns Hopkins, CDC, any health organization. Do yourself a favor. Do the research.

It does not magnetize you, it does not alter your DNA, it does not allow the government to track you.

Until we can vaccinate, we are not getting rid of this.

It is a f'n global pandemic. Do your share and vaccinate.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The vaccine means I won't get COVID? 

That's not quite how it works. 

Lessens the chances of getting it. 

Does not eliminate the threat. 

I'm not sure where you get the idea that having a vaccine means you won't get covid. The literal meaning of vaccine is to stimulate antibodies for immunity. There is no cure for Covid, but there is a way to help you combat it and survive it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not opposed to the vaccine, but the new rules are a little ridiculous. Unvaccinated players can't eat with their teammates, can't use social media or marketing tools, can't leave the hotel room to eat at restaurants, can't use the sauna, can't even do normal activities outside of football like go to clubs or concerts?! They also face huge monetary penalties if they refuse to abide. 

I mean these aren't even guidelines anymore. This is the NFL coercing players to get the jab or else face a litany of restrictions and huge inconveniences if they refuse to do so. 

For a non FDA approved vaccine without any long term clinical trials that has killed approximately 5,000 people (per the cdc) directly after or a few days after being administered, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of side effects ranging from a mild fever to bells palsy, myocarditis, paralysis, convolsions, and death, this vaccine is definitely not one size fits all. 

I just don't get how people aren't outraged over this. I get it, the NFL is a private entity that can enforce whatever rules they feel fit, but just basic bodily autonomy and choosing what substances you feel comfortable putting in your body is the very premise that I think any level headed person can agree with.

A little shocked the NFLPA was in favor of this

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

4 hours ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

For a non FDA approved vaccine without any long term clinical trials that has killed approximately 5,000 people (per the cdc) directly after or a few days after being administered

Your statement is a gross misinterpretation of the data.

From the CDC website

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

" VAERS [the national Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System] received 5,208 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines."

Actual number of deaths clearly attributed to the vaccine:  3

That's out of approximately 300 million shots given. 

https://www.whec.com/news/fact-check-covid-vaccine-deaths-/6141835/

"Dr. Branche says three deaths have been reported due to blood clots (Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome) from the vaccine. "

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Your statement is a gross misinterpretation of the data.

From the CDC website

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

" VAERS [the national Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System] received 5,208 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines."

Actual number of deaths clearly attributed to the vaccine:  3

https://www.whec.com/news/fact-check-covid-vaccine-deaths-/6141835/

"Dr. Branche says three deaths have been reported due to blood clots (Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome) from the vaccine. "

More people died from COVID during your post than due to all the millions and millions of vaccines.

So tired of people lying about it to make themselves feel better about not getting the shot.

The rules for unvaccinated is basically putting them in the bubble of sports pre-vaccine. I see no problems with that and now that all my kids and immediate family are vaccinated, I’m not worrying about people who want to take a political or other stand. If you get it and lose your life or future lung capacity, that’s on you now.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1