• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers minicamp observations and such

Zod

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Person just put up an article with The Athletic about Darnold not looking sharp and that Rhule claimed that was "the plan".

anyone know what that is about? I hadn't heard anything about Sam not looking good.  

He did throw ints.  And that is a bad omen.

cam4.jpg

I remember one year Cam was still throwing ints all the way to training camp.

That year sucked.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

@ZodHas Trent Scott run with the 1s or 2s for LT at all? Curious about that dude.

Between him and/or Daley, I think we’ll have a surprise impact on the left side.

Still think last year was an aberration for Daley. He can still have a great, long, prosperous career.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, saX man said:

@ZodHas Trent Scott run with the 1s or 2s for LT at all? Curious about that dude.

Between him and/or Daley, I think we’ll have a surprise impact on the left side.

Still think last year was an aberration for Daley. He can still have a great, long, prosperous career.

Pretty sure the 11 on 11's are pretty useless for the trenches until pads come on in training camp. Would be curious about who's getting the majority of the reps in drills and whether or not that's a good or bad thing. I get the vibe that vets showed up to camp for comradery but most redshirted even if not really injured

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Joe Person just put up an article with The Athletic about Darnold not looking sharp and that Rhule claimed that was "the plan".

anyone know what that is about? I hadn't heard anything about Sam not looking good.  

I'm OK with him not looking sharp right now. I'd rather him be getting confused now than during the season. Gase's offense was very scripted and didn't leave a lot of room to read or adjust. And if our defense is as good as we all feel it can be, getting reps against it can only help his development by helping show his gaps in skill and help fix them.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm OK with him not looking sharp right now. I'd rather him be getting confused now than during the season. Gase's offense was very scripted and didn't leave a lot of room to read or adjust. And if our defense is as good as we all feel it can be, getting reps against it can only help his development by helping show his gaps in skill and help fix them.

What you see is what you get...

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/16/panthers-sam-darnold-athletic-scores-tell-about-potential/

E32a5OTWYAAxvAt.png

25 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm more worried about his mental aspect than his athletic abilities. I know they play a part, but having that cerebral aspect under control is so important. Tb12 nor Manning in their physical prime were the athletic threats we consider so important today, but both played the game at an unbelievable level because they had the mental aspect under such control. I'm not comparing Darnold to either, nor do I think he will achieve that level of greatness, but I do hope he can grow that cerebral aspect of his game leaps and bounds and that can make up for his average RAS. 

• Pie 1