• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson on the rise.

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

He certainly has the potential. I just wonder if they shift him into the nickel spot this year. 

I just don't think he's physical enough to play it. Teams would run the ball right at him like

ff56176b-dcfb-49c8-b0db-1d48c72c1648_tex

Especially since most of our DEs are more adept at rushing the passer than stopping the run.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, stbugs said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. You compliment RR and his staff for basically having two meh years and say they are better than Rhule’s staff when last year was his best year ever? His rookie year was a mirage. He had a few early interceptions that made it seem like he was great but he got ripped a new one left and right all year. Seemed like in the second half he gave up a long play or TD per game.

Also, Wilks was in Arizona in 2018. He never coached Jackson at all.

IMHO, Rhule’s crew got way more out of him than RR’s. As usual, Ron didn’t really improve him. The flashes were pure athleticism not being coached up. That’s why Ron prefers vets and why he got lucky to have Luke and Cam to carry him. Same with Washington, he landed in a team full of studs on D and still was mediocre and needed Heinecke to play his ass off to make them look decent in the playoffs

Trying to say one of Riveras strengths is CB and choosing coaches for CB. The natural growth could be the reason for Djack improvement form Ron to Rhule, or maybe I am not giving enough credit to Evan Cooper. Not going to place much blame for Djacks first two seasons at the feet of Ron/crew, hes a young guy finding out what works. Rivera and his CB crew seem to get more out of CBs than normal, all while having less talent during. Its a long list and it did blow up during the Norman tag saga. Gman should have called Normans bluff about not reporting, but he had some weird rule about not letting players become distractions.  

All coaches prefer vets, all of them, I can not blame ron for that. I do for not developing players/rookies, that seems to be a strength of Rhules and his crew. Just like all coaches prefer vets, all coaches are trying to develop rookies and all players in general. That seems to be a focus of Rhule and he doesnt use rookies as a excuse, maybe my favorite thing about Rhule. Ron went to WFT cause Danny gave him more power/control/money than about any HC. WFT does have the best DL in the NFL and Ron knows how much that can cover his faults. Plus that division is the biggest joke to boot. 

On 6/22/2021 at 1:47 PM, LinvilleGorge said:
On 6/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, Verge said:

He certainly has the potential. I just wonder if they shift him into the nickel spot this year. 

I just don't think he's physical enough to play it. Teams would run the ball right at him like

They are looking at Bouye to play Nickel. If not him then Hartsfield most likely because of the need to be physical and play the run. That's not Djack's specialty.

• Pie 1

On 6/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, Verge said:

AJ told the media the team wants him at NB this year. Unless something big changes, it seems Djack will mainly play outside.

• Pie 1