• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets vs. Panthers vs. Jags

onmyown

Part of the problem is fan expectations are rarely realistic.

I've said before that this is year one of the rebuild for me. Thus, I've set my expectations accordingly.

If you want this team to be built for long-term success rather than just a flash in the pan, you need to do it right.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Part of the problem is fan expectations are rarely realistic.

I've said before that this is year one of the rebuild for me. Thus, I've set my expectations accordingly.

If you want this team to be built for long-term success rather than just a flash in the pan, you need to do it right.

It's year two. I realize Hurney has skewed our initial rebuild attempt but this is year two in actuality. 

This offseason is the first time we will get a good idea about our new FO and coaches though. This is all "new regime" guys now. They take all the credit and all the blame.

And, no, fan expectations are rarely realistic. Some of the dolts we have in here predicting wild success next season or epic failures based on whatever hormonal issues they are struggling with that overrides all logic.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's year two. I realize Hurney has skewed our initial rebuild attempt but this is year two in actuality. 

This offseason is the first time we will get a good idea about our new FO and coaches though. This is all "new regime" guys now. They take all the credit and all the blame.

And, no, fan expectations are rarely realistic. Some of the dolts we have in here predicting wild success next season or epic failures based on whatever hormonal issues they are struggling with that overrides all logic.

I mean, technically, it is year two...but Hurney hamstrung us in the 1st year...like always.

It's time to start winning either way.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think winning needs to be here in 2022. It isn't panic time with a losing record in 2021.

I'd be fine with a losing season this year, so long as the team looks really competitive.  If we give up, or get blown out consistently, I'm going to be pretty frustrated.  I don't expect that to happen.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, bababoey said:

The Lions have won 1 playoff game since 1957.  Everyone complains how bad we are on here.  You really want to complain how bad a team is, go root for the Lions

Winning seasons since 1995:

Lions: 7

Panthers: 7

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'd be fine with a losing season this year, so long as the team looks really competitive.  If we give up, or get blown out consistently, I'm going to be pretty frustrated.  I don't expect that to happen.

Agreed. We didn't lay down last year so if we show that, I will be pissed.

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:
16 hours ago, bababoey said:

The Lions have won 1 playoff game since 1957.  Everyone complains how bad we are on here.  You really want to complain how bad a team is, go root for the Lions

Lions: 7

NY J-e-t-s:  11

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

NY J-e-t-s:  11

Jets: 11

Jaguars: 8

Panthers are actually just a few (horrific) teams away from being dead last in this category.

Edited by onmyown

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Can't have a rebuild when one of the people in charge isn't on board with it.

This is year two for Rhule, but last year was Rhule/Hurney. This is year one of Rhule/Fitterer. And as such, the first year when everyone is on the same page.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't have a rebuild when one of the people in charge isn't on board with it.

This is year two for Rhule, but last year was Rhule/Hurney. This is year one of Rhule/Fitterer. And as such, the first year when everyone is on the same page.

It was a rebuild when you jettisoned most of the talent from the roster. 

Doesn't matter if Hurney was on board or not, it was pretty clearly a rebuild.

And we have no idea who is on what page. We just know we have new people. We'll know that in a few years....maybe.

38 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Jets: 11

Jaguars: 8

Panthers are actually just a few (horrific) teams away from being dead last in this category.

Yep. 

I was a staunch defender of all things Carolina early in our history when our early success was historic, our overall winning percentage was high and we genuinely looked like we had our poo together. Since that time, we settled into wild swings in success mixed with large swathes of mediocrity. 

That's how you end up with only 26% of your seasons with a winning record.

• Beer 1