• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold comes in at No. 19 in Chris Simms' Quarterback rankings

SBBlue

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Why do you think Winston  is "destined to fail"?  ..that comes from you,  I didn't say that.

Sure you did.

13 hours ago, SBBlue said:

We're discussing if Winston can be coached to better decision making.  That experiment has been tried and it failed miserably.

Personally I'm open to all possible outcomes for both Jameis and Sam.

Both might succeed -- both might fail -- one might do well and the other not so much...

...but it's undeniable that the situations are incredibly similar and it's going to be very interesting to watch both play out. 

On the margin Jameis appears to have the edge...

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...but it's undeniable that the situations are incredibly similar

No.  No their not.  Arians>>>>>Gase  TB Oline, WR, D >>>>>Jets.  

30ints>> everybody else in the league.

On the margin Jameis appears to have the edge...

Winston is going to a better team with a proven NFL SB coach, so he has that edge.

I find it ridiculous that you compare the jets to tb and say Darnold and Winston were in similar situations.  I did my homework and made my post about the situation on the jets.  Do yours.  What made the situation so bad for Winston?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

No.  No their not.  Arians>>>>>Gase  TB Oline, WR, D >>>>>Jets.  

30ints>> everybody else in the league.

Winston is going to a better team with a proven NFL SB coach, so he has that edge.

I find it ridiculous that you compare the jets to tb and say Darnold and Winston were in similar situations.  I did my homework and made my post about the situation on the jets.  Do yours.  What made the situation so bad for Winston?

Sam Darnold has been worse than Jameis at every level of football. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Sam Darnold has been worse than Jameis at every level of football. 

Maybe.   We're discussing "decision making." on which I would argue Winston is worse.

More examples of Winston's great "decision making":

Fighting his team mates and bowling over his coach:

Jameis Winston as an nfl quarterback is the definition of boom or bust but the guy can throw. Folks mean well but they're on that hopium and don't want to see. The same staff out here building them up also told them Teddy was the answer. The league did us a solid with the opener this year so we won't have to wait long at least.

• Beer 3

54 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I find it ridiculous that you compare the jets to tb and say Darnold and Winston were in similar situations.

Tampa had 5 different head coaches in a 9-year span and Jameis played for 3 of them, only had Arians for 1-season.

Arians wasn't the right coach for Jameis -- bad fit.  (hell for a while there didn't look like he was right coach for Brady either!)

From 2011 > 2019 the Buc's won 49 games overall and never made the playoffs.

From 2011 > 2019 the Jets won 57 games overall and never made the playoffs (despite going 10-6 in 2015).

You are what you record says you are and the Buc's record clearly shows they are a worse organization than the Jets.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Jameis Winston as an nfl quarterback is the definition of boom or bust but the guy can throw.

So far a bust.   The Saints chose to go with Hill over Winston last year.

The guy can throw.  His decision making on the bench, in the locker room, in the pocket is bad.

Chris Simms Thinks Taysom Hill is a Better QB Than Jameis Winston (fanduel.com)

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

(hell for a while there didn't look like he was right coach for Brady either!)

Huh? 

If Winston is so awesome why did Winston play in only a few games last year?  Did he ever even start or play a whole game last year?

Why did the Saints start Taysom HIll weeks 11-14 over Winston?

Are you saying that you can evaluate QB talent better than Peyton  or Arians?

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Probably.

Why did Peyton start Hill over Winston last year?

The Saints paid Hill a massive contract before they added Winston.  That set the depth chart pretty easily IMO.    Payton would have been blasted if he then started Winston.   Because he was already criticized for paying Hill that much. 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

So far a bust.   The Saints chose to go with Hill over Winston last year.

The guy can throw.  His decision making on the bench, in the locker room, in the pocket is bad.

Chris Simms Thinks Taysom Hill is a Better QB Than Jameis Winston (fanduel.com)

Taysom Hill is not a better QB than Winston.

Simms is an idiot and a troll.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

The Saints paid Hill a massive contract before they added Winston.  That set the depth chart pretty easily IMO.   

So, Winston>Hill but Peyton chose Hill cause they pay him more?

Using that logic since Winston just signed a 1 year 12mill, and Hill has a 140 million over 4years...you think Winston is going to be the backup?