• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams draft rankings 2016-2020. Avg value - Expected value. Panthers are.....

Obviously, as a team you want to be above average, but what this does say is that our drafts haven't been the dumpster fire we sometimes make them out to be.  Our drafts have been perfectly average.

I'd be curious to see the year by year breakdown.  I suspect last years draft may have covered up some below average performances prior.

There doesn't seem to be much correlation between this chart and how teams actually played. Plus it has no predictive value regarding the future. Tampa is on the below average list but they go all in in 2020 and win a Superbowl. Seattle who is below average consistently fields good teams while Washington, Atlanta and Miami suck yet are in the above average group. 

It isn't the.methodology that is the problem as much as it only presents the past not the present or the future and really isn't germaine to us given we have new people is all of our key roles. So posters saying this shows we will be average in 2021 because of this chart are connecting things which are only tangentially connected at best. And given teams improve through free agency as much or more than the draft, it is very limited in its value and usefulness.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't the.methodology that is the problem as much as it only presents the past not the present or the future and really isn't germaine to us given we have new people is all of our key roles. So posters saying this shows we will be average in 2021 because of this chart are connecting things which are only tangentially connected at best. And given teams improve through free agency as much or more than the draft, it is very limited in its value and usefulness.

The majority of Huddlers LOVE living in the past, so I'm surprised they're not eating this up! I guess being middle-of-the-pack is kinda boring...if we were in the 30-32 range, I am sure this thread would be at least 14 pages long.

34 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

8-9 would be Tepper's best-ever win percentage tho

I don't blame him yet. If Rhule/Fitt fail then I'll start blaming him.

I can't blame him for getting conned in to a few years of Hurney/Rivera. I'm sure they told him all the problems was JR/Gettleman's fault and they could get us back to the promised land.

5 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't blame him yet. If Rhule/Fitt fail then I'll start blaming him.

I can't blame him for getting conned in to a few years of Hurney/Rivera. I'm sure they told him all the problems was JR/Gettleman's fault and they could get us back to the promised land.

I have to keep reminding people, Trepper was approved owner about 2 months before the start of training camp. So youre telling me he should have fired the whole staff day one?? Imagine firing the whole staff right now, this is about the same time-line til TC. So he had to at least keep them one year. Team had vets, Cam, luke, and other talents. Team loved Ron at the time and on paper they looked like a playoff team that could go rounds if need. It didnt work, but I understand about keeping Ron.

Herniay is among the worlds best brown-nosers on earth, fully fooled Trepper. Trepper while owned 5% of the steelers didnt have day-2-day involment for football decisons. He didnt rush in and act like he knew everything. His only mistake was keeping herniay that extra yeat after firing RR. But he was under a "best college evaluator" spell cast by king brown nose Herniay, it happens.