• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positions likely to be addressed prioir to opening game

45catfan

I'm going to go a different route. I think leadership is the trait that is sorely lacking on this team. Within the last couple of years, we've seen the likes of TD, Luke, Olsen and Cam leave the team. This isn't about discussing the merits of those departures, but they did take with them the leadership of the team. 

Someone needs to step up and right soon.

On defense, that *might* be Chinn and/or Brown. I don't know enough about them to say they have it in them or don't. Don't come @me with Shaq being a leader - his play isn't strong enough to support that argument. 

The glaring hole is the offense. Darnold hasn't been around long enough to be a leader and I'd question his decision making process. CMC could be, but I don't think he really wants to be. So where is the leadership going to come from? Who is going to be the player to call others out or motivate the others when they absolutely have to make a play?

We were spoiled with good leaders before. We aren't now.

46 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I thought we'd be worse than the previous year.

We were 5-11 in 2019, you thought we were going to improve last year and win more than the previous year? 

No, I’m saying that if last year was above expectations that’s not a great sign.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't. I think we're going to see some roster churn throughout the process of the off-season and I think there are some guys who end up on our roster who won't be signed until after final roster cuts.

Yes to general signings, unexpected cuts, FA pickups of other cuts, but I see the potential to sign a starter being pretty limited between now and week 1. 

• Beer 1

What's weird is I saw on Malik Hookers twitter and him saying that we have not reached out to him and he and Rhule share an agent. I guess its because of his injury concern, but to me FS is the biggest need in terms of the staring position. Are there any possible safety cuts from other teams to possibly look at?

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

like how everyone finally came to the realization that Christensen wasn't playing LT, like i said from day one.

Could be wrong but I felt like most people realized he likely wouldn’t play LT day one. I think the hope was that he could play inside this season and possibly play LT in a few seasons. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

No, I’m saying that if last year was above expectations that’s not a great sign.

Its not great that we only won 5 games.

It is good sign that after losing Bradberry, Luke and co...we should have lost more and certainly shouldn't have been so close in so many games.

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Could be wrong but I felt like most people realized he likely wouldn’t play LT day one. I think the hope was that he could play inside this season and possibly play LT in a few seasons. 

I was one who was hoping BC would play LT  at some point season.  Many disagreed with me.  

I'm really done guessing what they're doing here.   I'm not sure that they know who LT is yet.  

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I was one who was hoping BC would play LT  at some point season.  Many disagreed with me.  

I'm really done guessing what they're doing here.   I'm not sure that they know who LT is yet.  

Yeah I loved the pick but I definitely was in the camp that he would play G for us this season. And honestly, if he can be come a stud G for his career then I’m completely happy with that considering where we took him. If he ever becomes a LT then that would be a huge bonus but this line needed a lot of help and he will give us that inside at the very least 

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

What's weird is I saw on Malik Hookers twitter and him saying that we have not reached out to him and he and Rhule share an agent. I guess its because of his injury concern, but to me FS is the biggest need in terms of the staring position. Are there any possible safety cuts from other teams to possibly look at?

Yeah, it's weird we haven't at least entertained Hooker. The guy must just be done for physically