• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown Leveraging the Double Team

SBBlue

Yes Brown is a beast but let’s be honest, you don’t draft a DT with the 7th pick to be a nose tackle, you get him to get to the QB.

hopefully he will get more sacks this year. He got a lot of QBs pressures and with the signing of Daquan Jones maybe he will be freed up to get more sacks.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 16

20 minutes ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

That was a veteran hold by a rookie DT

Maybe.  There was a time I'd agree with that.

Now it seems they let a lot of holding on both O and D go. 

It has to be egregious and obvious...this was neither.  Duration seems to be a key factor in the ref's calling it.    If you call this one and you at least attempt to be consistent, there's going to be a lot of flags.

57 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Yes Brown is a beast but let’s be honest, you don’t draft a DT with the 7th pick to be a nose tackle, you get him to get to the QB.

hopefully he will get more sacks this year. He got a lot of QBs pressures and with the signing of Daquan Jones maybe he will be freed up to get more sacks.

You do if your run defense is absolute utter gutter trash, which ours was.

I dont think he has to be a 10 sack guy to be a good pick.

• Pie 7

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Tell me the difference between a TFL and a Sack without using the word "Quarterback" I'll wait.

• Pie 5

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was a safe, sure pick that addressed our biggest issue the year before. He should only get better each year!

With all the new help, he is going to be a monster this year.

42 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's OK to compliment one of our players on a heady play which set up a teammate for a TFL. Once Brown lowers the flags, he's going to be a solid Pro Bowl-level DT who eats up blockers and lets linebackers eat up ballcarriers.

Yep.  Brown was a great pick,  he's going to do even better  and he helps the rest of the D feast.

59 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

You do if your run defense is absolute utter gutter trash, which ours was.

It sure was.  We still have a ways to go, but at least on paper, we look better.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Teamwork.  This type of stuff doesn't show in stats.  The man is a beast. 

I kept hearing from a certain group of Huddle experts that Brown was a stupid pick lol.

If really have to not know football to not realize that Brown was immense for us his rookie season with basically no camp due to Covid. Did he have his share of unimpressive moments? Sure. He’s a rookie DT. But this dude is a legit monster in the middle of our line. He’s going to be our anchor there. He was an amazing pick for us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I kept hearing from a certain group of Huddle experts that Brown was a stupid pick lol.

If really have to not know football to not realize that Brown was immense for us his rookie season with basically no camp due to Covid. Did he have his share of unimpressive moments? Sure. He’s a rookie DT. But this dude is a legit monster in the middle of our line. He’s going to be our anchor there. He was an amazing pick for us. 

The theory they are working on is basically the positional value aspect. I do understand that to a point. But, we were in REALLY bad shape on that interior and Brown was a high caliber and relatively safe prospect. 

• Pie 2