• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elton John is coming to Bank of America Stadium

1 hour ago, ChrisSimmsspleen said:

Who gives a rats ass.  

So glad you showed up to contribute nothing. I mean, just think, if this is a topic that's not of interest to you, you could had not clicked the link to read about it. Or read about it, but not bothered to post about it, since you don't give a rats ass, and all.

But no. Thank God you decided to pipe in to let everyone know, "this isn't my cup of tea."

Bless you.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

So glad you showed up to contribute nothing. I mean, just think, if this is a topic that's not of interest to you, you could had not clicked the link to read about it. Or read about it, but not bothered to post about it, since you don't give a rats ass, and all.

But no. Thank God you decided to pipe in to let everyone know, "this isn't my cup of tea."

Bless you.

Ok.  

I actually like Elton John.  Stop taking yourself so seriously.  

5 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Saw him in 1974 at Dodger Stadium....great show, but Jimi Hendrix and Cream were better concerts. IMO, of course.  Howlin’ Wolf in SF opening for the Stones was jaw dropping, Bob Marley at Gazzari’s was also great.  I’m so fortunate I got to see every major act of the late 60s and 70s in concert.

So, you're a Trojan fan (or, what I refer to as "the real USC") and I'm from San Diego.... let's play- your best concert of all time.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, you're a Trojan fan (or, what I refer to as "the real USC") and I'm from San Diego.... let's play- your best concert of all time.

That’s a really tough one.  As far as the full experience; performance, showmanship and electric atmosphere, Jimi Hendrix.  When I was 13, I got to see The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl, the excitement, crowd and energy was off the charts.  My parents took me and a friend.  

Best seat at a performance was Blind Faith in Santa Barbara, I was sitting right below Clapton.  Next was Hendrix…my friend and I were sitting near the front, we were approached by a guy who claimed to be Jimi Hendrix’ roadie, he invited us to a party after the concert.  We said, sure, yeah right.  He pointed to the stage, behind the curtain stood Hendrix.  Our jaws dropped, but had to turn the offer down, my parents were picking us up.  What could have been! 😂

Yes, yes we are the real USC!  Thanks brother!

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I usually like hard rock and heavy metal but for some reason Elton John really does it for me. 

There is no doubting that Elton John is a very,very talented performer.

16 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

That’s a really tough one.  As far as the full experience; performance, showmanship and electric atmosphere, Jimi Hendrix.  When I was 13, I got to see The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl, the excitement, crowd and energy was off the charts.  My parents took me and a friend.  

Best seat at a performance was Blind Faith in Santa Barbara, I was sitting right below Clapton.  Next was Hendrix…my friend and I were sitting near the front, we were approached by a guy who claimed to be Jimi Hendrix’ roadie, he invited us to a party after the concert.  We said, sure, yeah right.  He pointed to the stage, behind the curtain stood Hendrix.  Our jaws dropped, but had to turn the offer down, my parents were picking us up.  What could have been! 😂

Yes, yes we are the real USC!  Thanks brother!

I saw Hendrix in 1970 at the Ventura County Fairgrounds with my older brother. It was a short set and, what I remember, it seemed like it was over way too soon. I would have much rather seen him in '68 or '69 before the heroin took over.

Saw many shows in San Francisco back in the days of the Fillmore West and Winterland. 

Best ever: The Last Waltz. I was in the Navy and getting ready to transfer from Mare Island to San Diego after coming back from the embassy evacuation in Viet Nam, finished a school and myself and a shipmate were looking for some music and we basically got invited/pulled into the show. We missed the Thanksgiving Day turkey they served and didn't have to listen to the poetry readings, but we stayed for the whole thing until about 3AM. The movie was okay, but the thing is, nobody was even paying attention to the filming- Scorcese was kind of an unknown.

Almost best ever: The original California Jam in 1974 at the Ontario Motor Speedway. Rare Earth; Earth, Wind & Fire, Seals & Crofts, the Eagles, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer. I still have a scar from that event. That was a $10 ticket.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I saw Hendrix in 1970 at the Ventura County Fairgrounds with my older brother. It was a short set and, what I remember, it seemed like it was over way too soon. I would have much rather seen him in '68 or '69 before the heroin took over.

Saw many shows in San Francisco back in the days of the Fillmore West and Winterland. 

Best ever: The Last Waltz. I was in the Navy and getting ready to transfer from Mare Island to San Diego after coming back from the embassy evacuation in Viet Nam, finished a school and myself and a shipmate were looking for some music and we basically got invited/pulled into the show. We missed the Thanksgiving Day turkey they served and didn't have to listen to the poetry readings, but we stayed for the whole thing until about 3AM. The movie was okay, but the thing is, nobody was even paying attention to the filming- Scorcese was kind of an unknown.

Almost best ever: The original California Jam in 1974 at the Ontario Motor Speedway. Rare Earth; Earth, Wind & Fire, Seals & Crofts, the Eagles, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer. I still have a scar from that event. That was a $10 ticket.

First off, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your service.  Three guys on my block at home never came back.  I never forget them.

I’m from Ventura, born in a small agricultural town 15 minutes away.  Future Farmers of America meets Surf City, lots of orchards and flowers.  Santa Barbara is close by, attracted all the big name artists and groups to perform in caravans, which meant multiple artists performing in one concert.  First come, first serve.  Saw the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton with Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos, Delaney Bonnie and Friends, just a few off the top of my head.  Wish I had kept those psychedelic posters!  I got my ticket for free most of the time because I didn’t/don’t drink, never used drugs.  Later I got to see SRV, Sting and the Blues Festival at the SB Bowl.

once I got to USC, you can imagine the clubs and concerts I got to see...including jazz greats like Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon and many of the Latin artists like Mongo Santa Maria, Celia Cruz, and flamenco greats like Carlos Montoya and Segovia.  Those were great times.  Even got to see my idol, George Harrison in a recording studio with Ringo Starr - and friends.  George smiled and said “hello”, first time in my life I was speechless!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Wish I had kept those psychedelic posters!

I'm a collector and have quite a few. Two of my best are a Hendrix poster for a concert he did at the Colonial Ballroom in Davenport, Iowa in August 1968, signed by the poster artist; and a Jefferson Airplane concert poster signed by Signe Toly Anderson who was the female vocalist before Grace Slick joined the band.

Oh, and I have a Yardbirds concert poster when both Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck were in the band together, right after Clapton left. And the poster features a picture of them, so it's right there to look at...

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1