• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Combine in Charlotte?

Mr. Scot

Fans don't attend any of the big conferences in any city or own but they are still good for local economirs. There are fan activities and I can't imagine many would go if they could.

Like I asked, why woukd anyone not want it here?

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:
The good thing about the combine is that you can compare athletes at the same position doing the same drills in the same place on the same surface at the same time. That can be valuable because there is no change in the testing conditions.

What do you do in the NFL combine?

Tests/evaluations include:

40-yard dash.

Bench press (225 lb repetitions)

Vertical jump.

Broad jump.

20-yard shuttle.

3 cone drill.

60-yard shuttle.

Position-specific drills.

What was your point?

12 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Fans don't attend any of the big conferences in any city or own but they are still good for local economirs. There are fan activities and I can't imagine many would go if they could.

It took over 7000 posts but you finally made one that was above an IQ of about 60. Congrats!

14 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Not sure I have seen fan activities at the combine

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

I think the new practice facility in SC would make the most sense to host the combine. But the draft being held in uptown sounds like a fantastic idea and a great way to show off the city.

It would actually be a pretty big boost for Rock Hill.  Getting your small cities name in hundreds/thousands of by-lines only helps (I mean unless you are beating black people at a gas station).  Plus there would be be hundreds of rooms booked down there.  I am sure press will be allowed back next year.  

I am sure they will bid on for 2024+

We know they have already bid on the draft and I am sure Roger is eventually throw a bone to his richest owner.