• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at Who Could Emerge as WR3 for Carolina

Michael G

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/looking-at-who-could-emerge-as-wr3-for-carolina

This SI article contemplates who will emerge as our #3 WR. The options they explored were David Moore, Shi Smith, and Terrence Marshall. I like both of the Rookies and they both have talent, albeit very different skill sets. David Moore has shown the ability to make plays and get behind defenses though. Who do you guys think will be our 3rd best receiver this year. One of these guys or maybe someone else like Omar Bayless or Brandon Zylstra?

• Pie 3

I think we will be surprised by Robby filling the slot role.  DJ and Terrace could end up being the outside guys while Anderson (still a WR1/2) spends time in the slot.  

Not because we think he’s less than DJ and Terrace but because of the mismatches he creates.

Just an idea.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

And the answer is Terrace Marshall lol.

With his size and hands he could be something. I hope he is healthy and proves the team right for selecting him. A lot folks wanted a LT in the 2nd. Thanks for the spell check!

Image tagged in gifs,samurai,spell check training,funny - Imgflip

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

With his size and hands he could be something. I hope he is healthy and proves the team right for selecting him. A lot folks wanted a LT in the 2nd. Thanks for the spell check!

Image tagged in gifs,samurai,spell check training,funny - Imgflip

It will be a disappointment if he doesn't easily win that #3 spot. That could have been a starting OL selection.

He's another offseason addition that has big injury flags. We just need him to stay healthy more than anything.

• Pie 6

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It will be a disappointment if he doesn't easily win that #3 spot. That could have been a starting OL selection.

He's another offseason addition that has big injury flags. We just need him to stay healthy more than anything.

I’m not sure they are “big” flags but they are a concern for sure.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Marshall has loads of talent and experience in Brady's system. I think the later is the major reason we didn't see much of him in OTAs and mini-camp. They are really taking it slow because of his injury and hoping the time he misses on the field won't impact him too negatively since he is familiar with Brady's system. 

I think Shi Smith may surprise though. I like him a lot.

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Big is probably overstating it. That indicates serious injury concerns.

More like he was injury prone in college, which is concerning at the NFL level.

Agreed… I’m hoping he goes the Frank Gore route and was injured a lot in college, then is an NFL bastion of health.  A guy can dream, right?

If Marshall shows out on the outside I think it’d be the best case scenario.  Robby seems to really like the slot based on how giddy he basically was talking about it in a recent interview.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Marshall has loads of talent and experience in Brady's system. I think the later is the major reason we didn't see much of him in OTAs and mini-camp. They are really taking it slow because of his injury and hoping the time he misses on the field won't impact him too negatively since he is familiar with Brady's system. 

I think Shi Smith may surprise though. I like him a lot.

As long as we get a good #3, I don't have a preference for who wins out. Terrace kind of needs to work out, though. Especially if our OL struggles again this year.

I was definitely in the camp where I thought 2-3 of our first 4 picks should have been OL.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Agreed… I’m hoping he goes the Frank Gore route and was injured a lot in college, then is an NFL bastion of health.  A guy can dream, right?

If Marshall shows out on the outside I think it’d be the best case scenario.  Robby seems to really like the slot based on how giddy he basically was talking about it in a recent interview.  

Yeah and I meant our #3 WR more so than I mean working out of the slot.

Obviously, we all expect DJ and Robby to getting the bulk of the looks, no matter where they line up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1