• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alternate Helmets

Mr. Scot

On 6/24/2021 at 5:42 PM, Basbear said:

George Clooney What GIF

You got to follow this up, is that a real panther prototype or just one of the 700 High school panther helmets?? 

That's legit the first prototype of what the Panthers logo was going to look like in the infant stages of putting the expansion franchise proposal together for the NFL. 

• Beer 1

With the possibility of the Panthers wearing alternate helments, should they go ahead change the uniforms as well?

I would like to see a new uniform. We’ve pretty much had the same/similar looking uniform from our inception.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:04 AM, MHS831 said:

we need to go with pinstripes like the Irish did.

Heard it here first.  On second thought, I got this from someone else.

Notre Dame Football: Shamrock Series Uniform Rankings, 2019 Edition - Page 3

The pinstripes might attract some New York Yankee baseball  fans and help convert them to becoming Panther fans. 🙂

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, KatsAzz said:
With the possibility of the Panthers wearing alternate helments, should they go ahead change the uniforms as well?

I would like to see a new uniform. We’ve pretty much had the same/similar looking uniform from our inception.

I've heard pretty consistently that the uniforms will get an overhaul for the 2022 season. 

The vast majority of uniform, logo, helmet updates are worse than the prior. Less is more, keep it simple, no dumb poo please.

But it's important to know the only point is to sell more merchandise. Nobody gives a poo whether it's an actual upgrade.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2

On 6/25/2021 at 8:16 PM, 54th man said:

I must be the only one that likes our uniform colors and design. I dont feel we need change I've seen change for the sake of change and it fail miserably

I like not changing uniforms or helmets. I like the NY of the Giants, the C on Chicago’s, the bolts on San Diego , Miami’s etc. Traditional looks aren’t bad. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

The vast majority of uniform, logo, helmet updates are worse than the prior. Less is more, keep it simple, no dumb poo please.

But it's important to know the only point is to sell more merchandise. Nobody gives a poo whether it's an actual upgrade.

Exactly. It is all about making money

I am going to say what everyone is thinking.  Hear me out.  OK, a "fur" helmet since we are the Panthers, and they have fur.  You can have ears, to help when you are on the road and can't hear the snap count.  They are warm, for those games in Green Bay and stuff.  This could lead to a tail on the back of the pants, but I fear that might be borderline tacky or as some might say, "Stupid."  But hey, did they call they guys who invented pay toilets and the Segway stupid?  So let's not judge.  Growwwl.

image.jpeg.f2bd813de79782125cf9d75bf126e19c.jpeg

• Beer 2