• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Network ranks the offensive lines

Captain Morgan

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked/

31) Carolina Panthers

When we look back at the 2021 NFL Draft in the coming years, the Carolina Panthers not addressing their offensive line could easily stand out as one of the more questionable decisions. While they retained Taylor Moton on the franchise tag at right tackle, Cameron Erving is set to start at left tackle. Erving’s 1.7% run stuff rate is among the bottom 10 for players who played more than 100 snaps in 2020.

An interior grouping of Matt Paradis, Pat Elflein, and John Miller does not give the line a huge boost. Paradis struggled in the run game with 14 blown blocks, tied for the third most. Meanwhile, Elflein’s blown block rate of 4% placed him as the seventh-worst interior offensive lineman in 2020.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Who do you think will start in their place?

I don't know.  I'm done guessing what they are doing.  Is the Moton to LT and BC to RT real?  Possible, but seems improbable.  Can Moore or Brown beat out Eiflin or even MIller?  Maybe. 

I'm not excited for a bunch of rookies on the line either.  

Eiflin was from the Jets, and Erving's been backup since he was drafted into the no win Browns.  Does the coaching staff believe that they were victims of circumstance and think they can coach them up?

The whole Erving, Eiflin thing is a mystery. 

Maybe they just wanted Darnold to feel at home.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

These offensive line rankings is nothing but fools writing and reading. 

An oline doesn't consist of individual players. It is a unit. 

Predicting play based off a players last season under different circumstances doesn't equate to anything.  

While I'm not going to tell you we'll have an elite line, what I will tell you is until we see them come together as a unit, being coached by our staff, nobody knows anything. Not a damn thing. 

It's easy to sit back and Predict the end of the world.  How often has the world come to an end though?

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

People act like Russel Okung wasn’t injured for 90% of last season. Oh and We lost Chris Reed. 

We added two depth pieces and some rookies. Not sure how that equates to dropping to the second worst unit in the league when we had a middle of the pack line last season.

Like I said. Written by fools, believed by bigger fools. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

People act like Russel Okung wasn’t injured for 90% of last season. Oh and We lost Chris Reed. 

We added two depth pieces and some rookies. Not sure how that equates to dropping to the second worst unit in the league when we had a middle of the pack line last season.

I think he played 7 games and we lost most if not all of them.

We almost beat KC with Daley and Little playing left tackle.

I think we all would prefer we didn't look so bad on paper here, but we just have a lot of prove-it guys.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Like I said. Written by fools, believed by bigger fools. 

They have Jets line rated higher because of adding one first round lineman. I guess they also forgot Becton couldn’t stay on the field either.

• Pie 2