• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Network ranks the offensive lines

Captain Morgan

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think he played 7 games and we lost most if not all of them.

We almost beat KC with Daley and Little playing left tackle.

I think we all would prefer we didn't look so bad on paper here, but we just have a lot of prove-it guys.

I feel like he only finished two of those 7 lol.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I also love how a team gets penalized by these idiots, for following their draft board in the draft. 

Draft who they say or you've ignored a gaping hole or you reached.  Its the same write ups every year.   David Newton writes 500 words about no left tackle and the missing half of Darnold's couch.  Meanwhile, our FO has crammed about 3 off-seasons into 1.

• Pie 4

The Panthers have invested a chunk of resources into their offensive line through free agency and the 2021 NFL Draft. Having signed Pat Elflein and Cam Erving on the first day of legal tampering, the Panthers followed that up by selecting BYU’s Brady Christensen in the third round and Alabama guard Deonte Brown in the sixth with Grambling State’s David Moore signed as a priority UDFA. 

Adding three new young players into the mix is important for several reasons. Firstly, it fits the larger pattern of the Panthers looking to get younger across the board and create a roster that can grow together. It also gives the Panthers a chance to create a long-term solution to their offensive line problem, which can hopefully form the backbone of the roster for years to come.

This is certainly an approach that has worked out well for other teams around the NFC South, with the Saints unit being anchored around Terron Armstead (3rd round, 2013), Andrus Peat (1st round, 2015) and Ryan Ramcyzk (1st round, 2017). The result has been one of – if not the – best offensive lines in the NFL over the last four seasons.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

With a void at left tackle once again until proven otherwise this is hard to argue with. Our starting center was complained about to no end last year. Our depth isn't much better either. But homers gonna homer.

I don't see a single homer post in this thread.  

Then there is yours,  

Where You want label others to support your, "this team has done nothing to improve" narrative that is busted and wrong.

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't see a single homer post in this thread.  

Then there is yours,  

Where You want label others to support your, "this team has done nothing to improve" narrative that is busted and wrong.

Did we acquire a franchise left tackle in the last few days that I didn't hear about?

• Poo 1

If that is the basis of  your weak ass argument.  You should just move along. 

I personally didn't see an opportunity for the team to aquire a franchise left tackle. I have seen them address the position with more talent and competition.   While I realize that is not a plug and play solution, there was no other plug and play solution the team could have pulled the trigger on. 

• Pie 1

I wouldn't exactly say we "lost" Chris Reed.

And yes, Russell Okung made the line better when he was in. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter when you can't count on him to be there from one week to the next.

So yeah, if we're going off last year, ranking us low is fair. Realistically though, this year is an unknown and people making predictions are just throwing crap at the wall.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

If that is the basis of  your weak ass argument.  You should just move along. 

I personally didn't see an opportunity for the team to aquire a franchise left tackle. I have seen them address the position with more talent and competition.   While I realize that is not a plug and play solution, there was no other plug and play solution the team could have pulled the trigger on. 

If we are still hoping and praying for a solution at left tackle from a mid round pick or a backup we signed in free agency then we haven't actually improved until shown otherwise. You can litter poo everywhere here in the meantime but reality is reality.

Nothing has been proven. Isn't that the point I made earlier? 

Yet you just want to say we suck suck suck until proven otherwise. 

Last we were on the field, we didn't suck. 

So why don't you stop litering your trash everywhere and give this coaching staff and the players to prove something? 

Or is that asking to much? 

Don't answer. Your ignorant poo is old. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

If we are still hoping and praying for a solution at left tackle from a mid round pick or a backup we signed in free agency then we haven't actually improved until shown otherwise. You can litter poo everywhere here in the meantime but reality is reality.

From what I've read, the team thought there was really only one franchise left tackle in the draft, and he was taken before our pick.

So unless you want to go back and argue that we should have lost against Washington last year, there wasn't really sh-t we could do about that.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read, the team thought there was really only one franchise left tackle in the draft, and he was taken before our pick.

So unless you want to go back and argue that we should have lost against Washington last year, there wasn't really sh-t we could do about that.

Well if Darnold is running for his life come October we will be sure to revisit this.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well if Darnold is running for his life come October we will be sure to revisit this.

I think there's a very real possibility they're going to try Taylor Moton on the left and look for the best possible option on the right.

Could be Christensen, could be Erving, maybe even Scott or Daley if he can stay healthy.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think there's a very real possibility they're going to try Taylor Moton on the left and look for the best possible option on the right.

Could be Christensen, could be Erving, maybe even Scott or Daley if he can stay healthy.

What a boon it would be if that worked.  Moton becomes the answer at LT, and we platoon that right side.  Can I go ahead and sign up for that now?

• Pie 1