• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good write up on Chuba

ladypanther

48 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

“I’m somebody that believes in doing the right thing,” Hubbard said. “The thing is, I can be a vocal person, I can speak up when need be, and that’s just what I do.”

Since Chuba is considered a vocal person,i hope he is wise and picks and choses the right time to be vocal and the right time to remain silent.

I am strongly pulling for him to succeed and be an asset to our team, so i don't want him to get the reputation as a trouble maker or malcontent.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 3

49 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Since Chuba is considered a vocal person,i hope he is wise and picks and choses the right time to be vocal and the right time to remain silent.

I am strongly pulling for him to succeed and be an asset to our team, so i don't want him to get the reputation as a trouble maker or malcontent.

Did you read the article? Nothing says he is or has been a trouble maker.

When he speaks, his tone is even. Every word is deliberate. A quiet person who likes to keep to himself, attention is not something Hubbard seeks or particularly enjoys.

When he sees something that he thinks is wrong, however, he has no problem being forthright. He got that from his mother, Candace.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 4

41 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Did you read the article?? Nothing says he is or has been a trouble maker.

Great article - liked him at Ok State and really a fan after reading this. Thanks for sharing LP!

As Panthers’ fans in general, we have to get over this phobia of players becoming potential trouble makers just because they’re outspoken or have different personalities or have made past mistakes. Give them a chance to prove themselves. This is a new regime and days of drafting choirboys are over - thank God!

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Great article - liked him at Ok State and really a fan after reading this. Thanks for sharing LP!

As Panthers’ fans in general, we have to get over this phobia of players becoming potential trouble makers just because they’re outspoken or have different personalities or have made past mistakes. Give them a chance to prove themselves. This is a new regime and days of drafting choirboys are over - thank God!

image.png.1c767e5a9782fb4247d065bc8da00b50.png

• Pie 2

There is a difference between this and Eric Reid.  Reid, even though I believed in his cause, could not get me to believe in him because he attacked others for not standing with him--even when it was on the field.  A locker room cancer.  I support your right to disagree with me, even if you are wrong.  I am not entitled to forcibly use physical aggression to make you conform, which is, essentially, what Reid tried to do here. (Fighting before a game, cheap shots on field).  That is exactly the kind of behavior he is opposing, but on a smaller scale. 
Chuba does not seem to fit that profile. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

There is a difference between this and Eric Reid.  Reid, even though I believed in his cause, could not get me to believe in him because he attacked others for not standing with him--even when it was on the field.  A locker room cancer.  I support your right to disagree with me, even if you are wrong.  I am not entitled to forcibly use physical aggression to make you conform, which is, essentially, what Reid tried to do here. (Fighting before a game, cheap shots on field).  That is exactly the kind of behavior he is opposing, but on a smaller scale. 
Chuba does not seem to fit that profile. 

How much longer do you have to keep that avatar? Asking for a friend…

2 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

And? Everyone has a right to take a stand for their beliefs and opinions. If you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything, right? 

I’m going to throw a flag on this.  Chubba went to Twitter to voice his displeasure, rather than speak first to Gundy.  It’s entirely possible that it could have been resolved at that point without dragging the team and the university into it.

Hypothetical scenario:  Chubba sees something that offends him during his tenure as a Panther.  I for one would rather see him go to Rhule or Fitterer first and discuss it privately rather than fire something off on Twitter or to the media, where the issue will get inflamed and enlarged.

There is a reason that HR policies direct an employee to speak to their Supervisor first.  Conflict resolution or grievances are always best handled at the lowest organizational level possible.  Pro tip: the higher up a complaint escalates without successful resolution, the more acrimonious the final outcome for both parties.  

Even though I think he was impulsive and showed poor judgment in how he handled the previous incident, he is a Panther now and I will be pulling for him to be successful here.  He’s young and we all learn as we go through life.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Some fans out there view these "outspoken" players as troublemakers based on RACE and not anything else, though.  smh.   (and i'll leave this at that)

I have zero issue with Chuba telling it like it is.   All I want is for him to play well when he gets his chance on the field.  🙂

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

32 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

I’m going to throw a flag on this.  Chubba went to Twitter to voice his displeasure, rather than speak first to Gundy.  It’s entirely possible that it could have been resolved at that point without dragging the team and the university into it.

Hypothetical scenario:  Chubba sees something that offends him during his tenure as a Panther.  I for one would rather see him go to Rhule or Fitterer first and discuss it privately rather than fire something off on Twitter or to the media, where the issue will get inflamed and enlarged.

There is a reason that HR policies direct an employee to speak to their Supervisor first.  Conflict resolution or grievances are always best handled at the lowest organizational level possible.  Pro tip: the higher up a complaint escalates without successful resolution, the more acrimonious the final outcome for both parties.  

Even though I think he was impulsive and showed poor judgment in how he handled the previous incident, he is a Panther now and I will be pulling for him to be successful here.  He’s young and we all learn as we go through life.

You aren't necessarily wrong but digging a little deep, IMO.