• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookies are getting an education, beyond football

22 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

There is a lot of that going around. Not just on the Huddle. They find any weakness, real or perceived, and attack. I hate myself when I get sucked in before I realize what has happened. lol

JFC, you must be a lot of fun. We were both joking around. My god, get a life. 

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Fug you're stupid.  

FU dumb ass. Damn, this place is full of dicks now. Do you have anything besides the Panthers? You two are just so butt hurt over any discussions where someone might be taking a shot at your buddies. Holy poo you guys take this poo so seriously and personal. Go have a beer and chill.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

JFC, you must be a lot of fun. We were both joking around. My god, get a life. 

FU dumb ass. Damn, this place is full of dicks now. Do you have anything besides the Panthers? You two are just so butt hurt over any discussions where someone might be taking a shot at your buddies. Holy poo you guys take this poo so seriously and personal. Go have a beer and chill.

You mad bro? lol Passive Aggressive much? Or is that Bi-Polar? I always get those two confused. 

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You mad bro? lol Passive Aggressive much? Or is that Bi-Polar? I always get those two confused. 

Time for ignore for both of you. You guys add nothing to any discussion and he was being a douche so I said FU (in no way passive). So sorry. Also, how do you even get passive aggressive and bi-polar confused? 🤦‍♂️ Gotta bail on this silliness! Adios.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Time for ignore for both of you. You guys add nothing to any discussion and he was being a douche so I said FU (in no way passive). So sorry. Also, how do you even get passive aggressive and bi-polar confused? 🤦‍♂️ Gotta bail on this silliness! Adios.

lol You are a trip. You should be in politics with how you spin things. That's okay. I knew I had made a mistake when I first quoted you. My bad.

It’s not the responsibility of the NFL (or any employer), but it’s still a good idea. These guys are extremely young, in a job with a very short shelf life albeit making a ridiculous amount of money most will never see. It’s like front loading your entire life’s worth of income in 10 years (and then some). All youth could benefit from something like this but especially the rich youth like them.

It’s easy to sit back as a middle aged adult with some nice savings to say they need to figure it out but it’s rare young 20 year olds think about saving/spending wisely (I know I didn’t) but the majority these guys aren’t exactly the brightest people in the world - outside of football, investments would be all they would really have after football. A majority, obviously not all of them.

Not everyone gets 100 million dollar deals, the average NFL salary is $850,000.00. And the average career length is 2.5 years. So roughly 2 million on average for a career and not much of any employability after that. 

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

These are young men that are making more money than most people their age.  If they have a mediocre career they can live the rest of their lives in comfort.  Providing they learn how to invest their money properly.

How many players have left the league and ended up penniless.  It's a sad fact.

Hopefully, many of them take the wisdom given to them and enjoy their lives after football. 

• Pie 2

I'm glad they are trying to help.

If most of these guys would worry less about paying those that helped them get there back...they could help said people for the rest of their lives.

Instead of buying your parents a brand new home, pay off their current home and invest in a rental property for them.  Instead of blowing your signing bonus on a new sports car, buy a small apartment building close to the campus in your city and put it in a rental program with a management company.  Checks for the rest of your days, monthly.

Wish I had someone there for me when I started making "money" would have certainly helped.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, stbugs said:

It isn't like you are missing anything. Those are the new Tinderboxers.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, stbugs said:

I just made an observation that you couldn't tell the difference between a Ferrari and a Porsche. Maybe your not a gear head. I don't know. Don't care. The only one here taking anything personal is you, as you just emotionally ejaculated on the huddle. Good on ya!