• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dead cap status

Captain Morgan

Part of Carolina's desire to have a lot of draft picks in 2021 may have been to handle the dead money problem this year.

Rookies are cheap and this allows the team to clear all that dead money off of their cap.

The 2022 team cap will look great because of this strategy.

**************************************************************************************

2021 PANTHERS DEAD MONEY > 1M

Teddy Bridgewater    QB    $17,062,000 
Kawann Short    DT    $11,017,000 
Luke Kuechly    ILB    $7,132,514 
Tre Boston    FS    $2,666,666 
Stephen Weatherly    DE    $2,000,000 
Graham Gano    K    $1,537,500 

• Pie 2

I can not prove this, but willing to bet no other team has a higher two year dead cap total than the panthers have form 2020-2021. I bet not team comes within 20 million, @Toomers or @stbugs any chance Im right?

Sad part is they can add to the dead cap this year and if not for trading Carson Wertz, Panthers would be leading AGAIN!! Bloody hell herniay........curse you!!!

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I can not prove this, but willing to bet no other team has a higher two year dead cap total than the panthers have form 2020-2021. I bet not team comes within 20 million, @Toomers or @stbugs any chance Im right?

Sad part is they can add to the dead cap this year and if not for trading Carson Wertz, Panthers would be leading AGAIN!! Bloody hell herniay........curse you!!!

2020 was 54 million.  2021 is 42.6 million and we are not done yet because the season has not started.  So almost 100 million over 2 years, yeah that is alot.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, bababoey said:

2020 was 54 million.  2021 is 42.6 million and we are not done yet because the season has not started.  So almost 100 million over 2 years, yeah that is alot.

Was 54 the all-time highest as well? dang theres no sort of web-site thats has dead cap history... Not long ago 30 million was the highest most years, what a poor ran team.......living jokes. 

I believe my statement is right until someone can prove its false.

I honestly dont blame Luke on Herniay, while his contract was re-done a couple times(pushing money in the future years) luke didnt seem like the type to early retire. Still other moves are unforgivable.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

KK’s extension and contract in general was worse than TBs. Paradis wasn’t great depending on this year it could be just ok. Shaq over BB was dum and just asinine in general.

Soon as all these clear we should be good.

No shade directed towards Shaq personally but extending him rather than Bradbury was Galactically stupid.  Extend an average LB over a young, promising press corner?  WTF?!

• Pie 4