• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Final vent session….

53 minutes ago, Patsinger said:

No one said he couldn't run for yards.  He was never an elite quarterback and was one of the most inaccurate passers of the era.  That usually showed up in big games.  Sorry.  Like the guy, but he wasn't elite.

Maybe he wasn't "elite" by predefined stereotypical NFL QB standards (centered around passing), but he was elite in his own way no doubt.

Can't deny he wasn't the most accurate thrower when you examine the numbers or watch tape, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to what the organization was asking him to do for so many years (playing behind mediocre OL's, being forced to throw the ball into tight windows, not providing him with the full range of weapons he needed etc.)

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, dpm0409 said:

Can't deny he wasn't the most accurate thrower when you examine the numbers or watch tape, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to what the organization was asking him to do for so many years (playing behind mediocre OL's, being forced to throw the ball into tight windows, not providing him with the full range of weapons he needed etc.)

I Think when Mike Shula took over as OC that really stunted Cam's growth as a passer IMO. I think if Chud. would have stayed on he would have improved as a passer. Even in 2015 we were 24th or so in passing yards with Shula. 

• Pie 3