• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok...have to talk about Gelo joining Melo

rippadonn

I think they're anticipating the departure of Monk. Which wouldn't be far fetched.

I've heard that he's going to make sure he gets his money, no love lost, but he's getting that bag.

Teams are going to outbid (NY) for Malik and the Hornets are going to have a hole.

LiAngelo doesn't necessarily have to beat someone for the job, he has to show that he can play defense and shoot that 3ball.

Even the Martin twins have better tape so he's got an uphill battle. He would have to average 20+ in Summer League, if not...

• 2 weeks later...

Truthfully, this is the most interesting experiment the Hornets have undertaken.

I can't remember this many eyes on our Hornets.

What's ironic is that Lavar started his professional career HERE in Charlotte.

Are we looking at the whole family moving back here (EAST COAST) if MJ signs all three?

I've always said that anybody that moves away from Charlotte always come back. I've seen it happen personally too many times. 🙂

Historically, LaMelo makes up for the Kobe mistake.

We had the opportunity at a better history. Now here's the correction.

We MUST build around LaMelo be it players, family or both.

Before he ever played a game on this here site I said we either have Sean Livingston or Magic Johnson.

I think it's clear now.

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Historically, LaMelo makes up for the Kobe mistake.

We had the opportunity at a better history. Now here's the correction.

Kobe always only wanted to play for the Lakers though didn't he? We never really had a chance to begin with he talked of sitting out the season if we kept him. Small markets have been getting the shaft for decades.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Kobe always only wanted to play for the Lakers though didn't he? We never really had a chance to begin with he talked of sitting out the season if we kept him. Small markets have been getting the shaft for decades.

Kobe later said he would have played for the Hornets. It was his agent pushing the deal.

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Kobe later said he would have played for the Hornets. It was his agent pushing the deal.

He did later with the benefit of hindsight and wisdom being a little older. But from my understanding reading up on different quotes from Kobe's agent and others it was an impossibility. Even one of the personnel guys from the Kings said his agent told them point blank do not take Kobe he will not play for you. Mitch Kupchak last year said Charlotte had second thoughts and wanted to keep him when Vlade Divac threatened to retire. In the end his destiny was playing for the team he grew up with.

• Beer 1

Idk, good for PR, I guess...  but. I'll never forget reading an article way back, I think when Melo was barely in HS and the focus was on London, and Lamar said something like Gelo wasn't a ball player, he was gonna be a model or something like that.  If your own father says that publicly, then either he was trying to motivate him with reverse psychology or he legit thought he wasn't as good as his brothers, and that quote always stuck with me.  Then again, he ended up getting to UCLA after that, so he has to be able to play a little bit, right?

I'm not expecting much, but cool story.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, rippadonn said:

He just loved being the ultimate one that got away and embellishing the story in retirement. Whether it was his agent’s doing or not Kobe passed on Charlotte, not the other way around.

Edited by MechaZain