• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen reveals ‘mixed feelings’ over Terrace Marshall Jr. wearing 88

SBBlue

Carolina Panthers: Greg Olsen's 'mixed feelings' over number giveaway (catcrave.com)

“You know I’ll be honest, I had mixed feelings about it. Donnie (Toner) in the (Panthers’) equipment room texted me and kind of gave me a heads up. My whole thing was I didn’t want the kid to feel any pressure from me. That was his number (Marshall wore 88 in college). That’s what he wanted. I’ve heard he’s a great kid. I don’t have any animosity. I’m glad he’s going to wear it and hopefully, he’s a great player. I have no ill will.”

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Yea the numbers game, its a hot button topic mainly. I think you need to be have like 93% of a early HOF career in one team to retire a number. I know after gross leftd, they gave out his number that off-season. Its weird at times too, if a few people had their way some teams would struggle having enough numbers for a full team. Maybe its time to add letters, it would be a money maker for greedy mofos I bet. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Yea the numbers game, its a hot button topic mainly. I think you need to be have like 93% of a early HOF career in one team to retire a number. I know after gross leftd, they gave out his number that off-season. Its weird at times too, if a few people had their way some teams would struggle having enough numbers for a full team. Maybe its time to add letters, it would be a money maker for greedy mofos I bet. 

Jared Allen wore it in 2015.