• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More love from ESPN

SBBlue

41 minutes ago, joemac said:

The most picks Same ever had was 15, and that was his rookie year.  His INT numbers have gone down every season.  I dont get this narrative that hes some huge, Jameis Winston type turnover machine.  He had 11 INTs last year, and 13 the year before.  I think he will lower that to around 10 this season.

It’s also 3 and outs and fumbles and backbreaking int. It was just a general comment that he’s gonna have to sustain drives to take pressure off the defense. That goes for every qb in the league. 

we have the weapons for him to sustain drives. It’s just something to think about.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Remember Darnold will also have some effect on the defense if he’s turning the ball over consistently. Gotta give the D a breather.

that said this defense has tons of potential and is majorly talented. We’re just still young. I’m expecting a jump this year with next year or the year after being a top 5 unit. If they do that this year we are gonna win a bunch of games.

Could be sacksonville of two years ago with better coaching on offense. hopefully.

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

It wouldn’t be an overstatement to proclaim that the franchise’s success for the next few years could lie on Darnold’s performance. 

Not an overstatement at all! but, I disagree with Orlovsky's opinion that he has to play like a top 5 pick for us to win 10+ games. If he can just look like a mid-tier (top 15) QB, we can very likely put up 10 wins, and make the playoffs. I also think he has, at least, that potential if the line can keep him out of the grass.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jorgie said:

Idk what the time table is for the deshaun watson situation but he might still end up here

Was basically a done deal before the news broke

This team with him at the helm is an actual Super Bowl contender

Yep. I was thinking about this yesterday. People can deny it now, but once the legal/civil stuff gets cleared up, he will be playing again. If Darnold doesn't light it up, it might be here. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Remember Darnold will also have some effect on the defense if he’s turning the ball over consistently. Gotta give the D a breather.

that said this defense has tons of potential and is majorly talented. We’re just still young. I’m expecting a jump this year with next year or the year after being a top 5 unit. If they do that this year we are gonna win a bunch of games.

No doubt. But I genuinely believe our defense will win us *multiple* games in spite of our offense. I’m very bullish on our D this year especially after about week 4 after Horn gets some game experience and our new pieces gel. If we’re healthy we’re a problem. 

3 hours ago, Jorgie said:

Idk what the time table is for the deshaun watson situation but he might still end up here

Was basically a done deal before the news broke

This team with him at the helm is an actual Super Bowl contender

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Yep. I was thinking about this yesterday. People can deny it now, but once the legal/civil stuff gets cleared up, he will be playing again. If Darnold doesn't light it up, it might be here. 

What is the definition of "light it up" for you two?

'Cause management and the Coaching Staff may have a different definition.

Sam would have to absolutely BOMB as QB here (meaning he stinks even with the talent surrounding him) for the Franchise to start looking for another QB again. 

And I just don't see Sam playing so horribly that it leads to that point.

I think Sam will be here for at least the next 2 seasons.

In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath that DeShaun ends up a Panther anytime soon.

Edited by glenwo2

18 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

What is the definition of "light it up" for you two?

Anything less than 30 tds is a significant downgrade from Watson 

and if Darnold doesn’t clean up his mistakes he’s as good as gone

sorry but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, especially with this regime

Would like to add that I’m very excited about this defense flying around 

3 hours ago, Jorgie said:

Anything less than 30 tds is a significant downgrade from Watson 

and if Darnold doesn’t clean up his mistakes he’s as good as gone

sorry but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, especially with this regime

Would like to add that I’m very excited about this defense flying around 

The Defense is going to be insane, I agree.  🙂

And 30 TDs overall isn't that farfetched for Sam to achieve with this team.

As far as cleaning up his mistakes goes, even with the Jets he had cut down on the INTs every season from his rookie year :  (15, then 13, then 11 last season)

I think he may keep it to single digits this season.