• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Ramczyk Contract

shaq

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Moton isn't going to get Ramcyzk money. However, we should have got that extension done right after the draft. Boggles my mind how the Saints can just pay anybody and Hurney/Gettleman let guts like Norman/Norwell walk for being 'too expensive'.

Also add Bradberry.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, Verge said:

Moton isn't going to get Ramcyzk money.

He'll get what the market dictates but the market is reset frequently. The floor for a top tackle is already pricey whether he stays on the right or makes a switch.  Panthers fans might want to get this hometown discount vibe out of their heads.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

The extension is for the next 5 years and they restructured the 2021 salary hit to lower the amount. The saints always kick things down the road which seems to work for them.

eventually the cap will rise and they will get off Brees' dead money 

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Moton isn't going to get Ramcyzk money. However, we should have got that extension done right after the draft. Boggles my mind how the Saints can just pay anybody and Hurney/Gettleman let guts like Norman/Norwell walk for being 'too expensive'.

All while rarely signing any FAs worth a poo

10 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

How do we always have more cap, a richer owner and somehow the Saints always re-sign whoever they want and we "can't afford it" I literally don't understand. Can someone please explain??? It drives me crazy.

I don't think a richer owner has anything to do with this, not like NO ever pinched pennies with Brees

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

They don’t sign Teddy for $30M for one year, they sign Winston for $1. They extend their best and young players. They don’t pay $13.5M for half a year Okung rentals and $13M for one year of Roberts, Apple and Okung. They let us sign those bottom feeders for what they pay Ramzcyk and Kamala and Thomas and they get 3rd round comp picks when we sign Teddy.

I’ve said it before NO doesn’t dole out huge bucks on old and ineffective FAs and that’s why they can extend and tell-sign their core guys. We are the opposite, especially with Marty and his bring us your weak armed and injured masses. It’s really not hard.

Actually very, very true.... and it makes no sense why we do stuff like that in Charlotte. I mean Teddy has been a back up his entire career at the most important position and has zero arm strength, the Hornets sign Batum and turn around and sign an arguably worse contract in Gordon Hayward immediately after...Like we never learn our lessons, its sickening. Its sad when super average fans look at our moves and say they are awful right away and it always is true.... Embarrassing honestly. 

• Beer 3

Here we go again bitching about the past. Let's get through the PTSD so we can focus on the future instead of always dwelling on the past. It wasn't great the first time, why keep bringing it up over and over. Unless you just like to bitch and complain or just like to be miserable.