• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Ramczyk Contract

shaq

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

They don’t sign Teddy for $30M for one year, they sign Winston for $1. They extend their best and young players. They don’t pay $13.5M for half a year Okung rentals and $13M for one year of Roberts, Apple and Okung. They let us sign those bottom feeders for what they pay Ramzcyk and Kamala and Thomas and they get 3rd round comp picks when we sign Teddy.

I’ve said it before NO doesn’t dole out huge bucks on old and ineffective FAs and that’s why they can extend and tell-sign their core guys. We are the opposite, especially with Marty and his bring us your weak armed and injured masses. It’s really not hard.

So what you're saying is they don't have Marty (let's give them 10x more than anyone else would just to be safe) Hurney as a GM.

• Pie 2

Ramczyk >> Moton

Simply you can not pay every single spot TOP money, somebody has make the hard choices. RT is not in the top half of "pay that man his money" positions. If moton was a yearly top 1-3 RT, I would change my tune, but hes not. Plus given the big brains at panthers office have already paid LB Shaq and RB CMC too much, it would add the problem of wasting money at lesser-valued spots to pay Moton 18-20 per for 8th best RT play.  

2 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Actually very, very true.... and it makes no sense why we do stuff like that in Charlotte. I mean Teddy has been a back up his entire career at the most important position and has zero arm strength, the Hornets sign Batum and turn around and sign an arguably worse contract in Gordon Hayward immediately after...Like we never learn our lessons, its sickening. Its sad when super average fans look at our moves and say they are awful right away and it always is true.... Embarrassing honestly. 

Eh, not to split hairs but he started for the Vikings as a rookie, and only lost his job after a gruesome injury. While I don't think he was destined to remain a starter given his trajectory as a player, it's not entirely true he's been a career backup either.

I actually think he'll start in Denver this year, but either way, it was an awful contract for the Panthers. Teddy should have got paid more than backup level money, but not what we paid him and in the manner we did. It should have been a "prove it" contract for him as a starter.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ramczyk >> Moton

Simply you can not pay every single spot TOP money, somebody has make the hard choices. RT is not in the top half of "pay that man his money" positions. If moton was a yearly top 1-3 RT, I would change my tune, but hes not. Plus given the big brains at panthers office have already paid LB Shaq and RB CMC too much, it would add the problem of wasting money at lesser-valued spots to pay Moton 18-20 per for 8th best RT play.  

Okay Marty,

What are we paying the other 4 OL starters, and what are we paying all of their backups? Which one of them will be here in 3 years, and which one of them is likely to ever be Top15 at their position? 

Not paying Moton would be astronomically stupid. 

Edited by Madwolf
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

31 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Okay Marty,

What are we paying the other 4 OL starters, and what are we paying all of their backups? Which one of them will be here in 3 years, and which one of them is likely to ever be Top15 at their position? 

Not paying Moton would be astronomically stupid. 

That marty cut deeep....hard choices. I replied to your other one. This is a list, who you are willing to pay in order form this list-(for this, say everyone here is playing well)

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. In cap terms, theres a firm limit. Everyone in the list above needs big money now/very soon. Where is Moton? 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Moton isn't graded below Ramczyk in PFF and talent around Ramzcyk is much higher. That article just posted about the top 11 tackles has Moton #8 and Ramczyk #9. You can argue either is better, but they are in basically the same zone. If you are willing to pay Ramczyk and not Moton, that doesn't make sense.

If Moton were on the Cowboys or Saints, he'd have a lot more accolades. Signing Shaq isn't in the same ball park as CMC and Moton in terms of importance to the Panthers or position.

Also, RT is a hugely important position. Go watch our own Brian Burns highlight videos. He's on the left as much as he's on the right. Comparing RT to LB is crazy. I'm not going to slight CMC because it's like saying Faulk and Tomlinson weren't key to their team's success.

Pay Moton now before the new TV deal when average tackles are making $20M a year.

I view Ramczyk as better, LOL at most PFFFfff ranking. Id much prefer a rando huddler ranking. I would not be playing that either, just I feel he is a better player. Darrell Williams at 8 million per is more my liking. RT is not in my top half of valued spots. I got QB, WR, LT, C, CB, DE, DT and even TE above. Smart move is play out this year, do the same thing next. Tag is cheaper than 18+ per and make a hard choice in 2023. 

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I said the same thing in the other thread. Keep drafting OL every year and Moton plus young OL is an overall really cheap OL. If we ever get a solid LT, it's going to be in the draft, so he'll be cheap for 4-5 years, matches up perfectly if we get a LT in the draft next year or move Moton to LT and get a RT in BC or next year.

I ask you the same thing as Madwolf

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. Who are you paying and where would rank Moton form that list? Try to be real in terms of contracts, 35 million is truly tiny.

Goodluck paying Moton 18-22 million per and paying Sam 40+, DJ Moore 20+, Burns20+, Jackson 12+, Anderson 15-20, Reddick 15+. Maybe call Mickey Loomis for some tips, idk bro....

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I ask you the same thing as Madwolf

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. Who are you paying and where would rank Moton form that list? Try to be real in terms of contracts, 35 million is truly tiny.

Goodluck paying Moton 18-22 million per and paying Sam 40+, DJ Moore 20+, Burns20+, Jackson 12+, Anderson 15-20, Reddick 15+. Maybe call Mickey Loomis for some tips, idk bro....

The Saints would pay them all and still sign top named free agents. Its just excuses at this point if we can't get it done. I mean I thought this is why we hired Samir?

Edited by Jared Patterson

Just now, stbugs said:

FYI, there's $49M in cap space according to OTC and we can save $12M, yes $12M if we cut Shaq with a post 6/1 designation. That also doesn't include the $10M in space we have right now that could be rolled over. OTC has 2021 rollover as $0. We also have $2M in cap savings if we cut Thomas (OTC has a mistake on their site for his dead cap, they have an extra 0).

So, realistically, we'll have around $60M in cap space with another easy $12M if we need it. DJ Moore and Darnold are already on the 2022 cap for their 5th year options. Burns is on 2022 already as well and his 2023 cap number will only be around $12M assuming he makes 1 pro bowl.

In 2022, all we'd have to worry about is Moton, Donte and maybe Reddick. If we keep Anderson and not Moton, we are morons. Also, Reddick may not be worth keeping if YGM/Fox shine. If they get decent deals, take the comp picks. Donte is a big question mark. He certainly isn't a top CB right now, so he could be relatively inexpensive to lock up for a few years and this is his make or break year.

Seems like 2022 FAs should be easy. Sign Moton and likely Donte and see if Reddick fits well and is worth it. Hopefully, Marshall, other Moore and Smith make Anderson dispensable (and draftable WRs are way up lately). 2023 will really be about Darnold and Moore and 2024 will be Burns and maybe Chinn (franchise deal for S should be not so bad either) and Brown is 2025 after 5th year option. Seems like it should be very doable. Would it be way easier if Marty didn't splurge last year, yes, but still very doable. If Darnold blows, then a rookie QB will also keep cap down.

You are forgetting Paradis and Reddick signed/added years on the contract to lower this years cap number. Its about 13 in dead cap coming for both, plus Boston(around 5ish). You can sign and you know Darnold and Moore want money right now or in 2022. Most teams sign players before the 5th year, just like the recent RT Ram example. Its coming, big big contracts are coming, hide behind that 5th year if you want, they want new deals before it. 

We do not know the roll over, I think its safe to place the value around 5. Weird math, carry the one...... about 35-43 million, hence my 35-ish comment. If the reports are true about Moton wanting top overall tackle, you people can sign off and support that.. Im going to pay Moore, Burns, and god Im hoping to Darnold a insane amount too. Moton doesnt fit in my formula.

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

PFF has them identical and that USA today article has Moton as better. Look, it's a coin flip on who you like but acting like they aren't in the same ball park is incorrect, especially considering the "help" both have in the rest of their OL. That said, the new TV deal is coming around and you'll be shocked. If we can tie up Moton for 5 more years at $19M, do it. Cut Shaq and save $25M in cap space in 2022 and 2023. That makes Moton's deal $14M a year.

I got Ram as 1-3 and Moton as 8-11, not a big difference. Checkout those names and contracts below the top paid, my guy....some are below 10 million and better or as good as Moton. Why are you willing to pay Moton 20+ when other teams are paying less than ten for close to same play? Form what I know you can not cut Shaq after his recent contract reduction, Moved like 8-10 down the road in signing bonus, just like CMC.  Again Im paying Burns, Moore, and others long before I get to Moton........My mathz shows room for 10-ish RT, not 20 one. I swear Moton got some of you fooled good, hes above average player and great pro. Hes not irreplaceable or worth 20 million, hes only the 3rd best RT in the NFC south too. 20 Million is 1st team all-pro money..

Edited by Basbear

45 minutes ago, stbugs said:

LOL at paying Anderson $15-20M and Reddick $15M+. Why would you bother with Marshall, Smith, Moore, YGM, Fox and Burns? See my post above, I answered and it seems pretty straightforward. You are thinking we will keep everyone and you're still ignoring the fact that we have some of them already in the 2022 and 2023 cap numbers.

Also, ROFLMAO on Sam at $40M+. If we are paying him that in 2023 then Moton's $19M will look like peanuts because of the new TV deal or Darnold is a freaking stud.

I won't even comment on Jackson at $12M+. I don't know where you are getting these numbers.

Just healthy new TV contracts for talented young players. They are not set in stone, rough numbers for future contracts given each is playing at their highest level while healthy(said that in the first part). Its mainly to show all can not be re-signed. If you pay Moton and Darnold, you may have to let Burns or Moore walk. Most here dont see the issue in paying Moton 20. I do whens its RT and hes above average. Id rather use cap space on DE(red/burns), WRs (ander/moore), and even CB(Djack). You feel other-wise. This reminds of everyone calling me insane when saying re-sign Samuel for 3yrs 21 million. Gosh huddle needs a better way to show its history when many are in the hive-mind mode. 

Edited by Basbear