• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 2022

CanadianCat

What are these updates? I'm strictly an offline franchise mode Madden player making me the lowest priority of customers. I didn't buy last year's version. I generally buy every third year or so unless there's a significant change that hooks me, not some bullshit graphics animation upgrade or anything to do with online features. Franchise mode upgrades though? Now you have my attention. That part of the game has felt neglected for years. Honestly, it's regressed from years past.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are these updates? I'm strictly an offline franchise mode Madden player making me the lowest priority of customers. I didn't buy last year's version. I generally buy every third year or so unless there's a significant change that hooks me, not some bullshit graphics animation upgrade or anything to do with online features. Franchise mode upgrades though? Now you have my attention. That part of the game has felt neglected for years. Honestly, it's regressed from years past.

Yeah Im with you. I dont play online and don't do the Ultimate Team thing. I play offline franchise or do an online one with a few buddies (which is super fun).

But yes I agree players like us dont generate the post sales dollars so they dont care. Last year before the game came out players got wind that they literally didnt update the Franchise mode at all and it even started trending on twitter to the point that EA promised significant changes to this years version. 

Here is a link to the changes. 

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-22/news/gridiron-notes-madden-22-franchise-updates?isLocalized=true

To me some of the things that stand out are that you now can hire and develop staff and you have a week to week game plan based on your opponent. 

• Pie 1

• 1 month later...

Ratings were released today, and here's some surprises IMO:

WR - DJ Moore - 84 - Seems low for DJ

WR - Robby Anderson - 87 - DJ being an 84 was a tough sell, but Robby being 3 points higher than DJ was a real head scratcher

WR - Terrace Marshall Jr - 70 - Fair for a rookie

SS - Lano Hill - 69 - Our highest rated Strong Safety

RT - Taylor Moton - 85 - Seems a little low, again, considering how good he's been.

ROLB - Shaq Thompson - 78 - Again seems low

RG - John Miller - 65 - You're starting RG. While Miller isn't great, I'm not sure he's a 65 overall. Makes you wonder if the reason Madden's offensive lines suck is because they just under-rate the crap out of OL instead of tuning the game properly to create a passrush.

RE - Haasson Reddick - 82 - Good rating, but I find it odd that he's that high vs guys that are under-rated and have had more sustained success.

QB - Sam Darnold - 71 - Fair I guess, basically rated like a rookie, so it's not awful.

MLB - Denzel Perryman - 74 

LT - Cameron Erving - 69 - Your top rated LT.

LOLB - Frankie Luvu - 69 - Your top rated LOLB

LG - Pat Elfein - 70 - Your top rated LG.

LE - Brian Burns - 87 - Finally someone that feels respected.

RB - CMC - 97 - And someone else

FS - Jeremy Chinn - 80 - Not bad

DT - Derrick Brown - 79 - Not bad

CB - AJ Bouye - 83 - highest rated CB

CB - Jaycee Horn - 74 - Concern here is that he's slower in speed, and acceleration compared to Jackson, and a full 7 points lower in agility.

C - Matt Paradis - 78 - Which seems kind of high if you're going to rate some of the other guys as low as they did, but I'll take it.

Still feels like the ratings guy is a clown. I honestly don't know how they do these ratings, but the lack of effort is apparent.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing on the EA Play thing on PC.  It's a solid game.  The run game feels much better because the blocking AI is noticeably better than previous years.  Robby and DJ are absolute beasts in the game.  Players gain temporary stat boosts based on their play and events that can happen. They both became superstars in my Panthers franchise and are at 93 and 92 overall in the NFC Championship game 🤣.  Tommy Tremble is also a beast in game.

• Pie 1