• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ventell Bryant suspended for first two games of 2021 season

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think this would be more likely.  A guy who has been practice squad for most of his short career having to make an impact might be willing to risk getting popped for performance enhancing drugs.  From a career perspective, he really isn't risking much.  Healthwise is a different story of course.  

I agree. Why is the thought weed with large part of our base? The guy is fighting for his nfl  career and basically on his last shot. I would think he realizes by now weed would finish him. I'm thinking it's peds or something.

Edited by micnificent28

Posted (edited)

I wonder which substance it was.  They often don't say.  I know Davis said he was taking a supplement when he was suspended.  I think things like Sudafed is on the list.

I think what he was taking may play into how the team deals with it.  Not all banned substances are the same.

Edited by SBBlue

Trying to make the team? Most players use PEDs (HGH, steroids). It’s all about timing and cycling. These are not substances players take every day all day, they’re hormones done in cycles. The NFL testing can’t possibly detect/catch them is they’re timing it right.

I know the NFL likes to say they test and give this illusion these players are clean and natural…surely people do not believe that lol. 

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Are we sure this is weed? When I see this I think steroids and trying to be more than what you are.

I think substance abuse and PED's are worded specifically, like Bouye it says PED's. Sucks for him but I can't believe weed in general is still an issue in the NFL

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Are we sure this is weed? When I see this I think steroids and trying to be more than what you are.

It says he was suspended for substance abuse. I could be wrong but if it was steroids it’d be for performance enhancing…no?

Suspended prayers does not count towards the 53 roster spots. So in a twisted kind of way this might actual help him. 

If he stinks he stinks and are gone regardless. If he is close there is really no reason not the to let him stick around until he is back from the suspension, giving him a full preseason to prove himself and spots might open up due to injuries.