• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers want to get long term deal done with Taylor Moton before deadline

TheSpecialJuan

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

Let’s be honest about CMC. His first year Ron still road Stewart and it wasn’t until the second half that CMC really got his legs. CMC also had 17 more receptions than anyone else on the team and over 1000 total yards even with Stewart getting the most carries on the team.

Do you think we take NO to the edge in that playoff game without CMC? I sure don’t, he was big that game. He and Olsen.

After the playoffs where CMC was big, CMC played with half armed Newton, Allen and then was hurt with Teddy.

Let’s not act like CMC wasn’t on sucky teams that had solid QB play and that he didn’t help those teams not suck. I’m looking forward to a healthy CMC this year with Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Arnold, other Moore, Tremble and Smith as well as a QB who can threaten deep.

It gets frustrating how much we try to belittle great players due to their salaries. I get not wanting to pay Shaq top LB money or being pissed about past egregiously bad contracts but we aren’t going to be a good team getting rid of our best players like CMC or Moton in their prime.

There's no good reason to draft a RB #8 OVR nor is there a good reason to pay big money to a RB ..

Chuba Hubbard, if given the usage 2019 CMC had, would also be a 1,000/1,000 yard RB .. it was due to the extremely high usage that CMC had big 2019 numbers, any NFL RB that could stay healthy getting that usage would have numbers 

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You were literally calling him a loser and saying he didn’t deserve his contract because he didn’t win. Also, LOL at the insinuation that I’m emotionally tied to CMC. If I didn’t think he was our best offensive weapon then I’d say his contract was too much but he is our best offensive player. Defenses prepare and key on him. I just think it’s a tired argument to act like his stats are causing us to lose. We’ve had pretty crappy coaching and talent around him since Cam broke down.

It’s a team game so if CMC hasn’t won anything then the rest of them fall in the same buckets. Moore is 17-31, maybe if he had more than 4TDs a year we’d have won more. It’s a silly thing for me to say and just as silly as saying CMC’s great season is not helping us win.

Nobody said loser that's your word. Why are you so angry about this? That's called being emotional. Yes we know he is our best offensive weapon so it shouldn't be asking too much to take a step and bring us a winning season this year or at least better than worst or second worst in the nfc south yet again. How are we barely better than the Falcons? Cmon. He's the guy as the face of the team and he has the keys to the franchise. Gotta stay healthy though.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Fitterer just got here. He is doing what he supposed to be doing and will lock him up. He has shown he is surely not a Hurney devotee. You guys have to get over the PTSD and move into the present. This is a whole new regime in place.

Who said anything about SF? Thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the past regime. “Nothing we can do about it now” jab at hurney and others my guy. Sounds like you’re grouping me in with others and or quoted the wrong person 

7 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Who said anything about SF? Thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the past regime. “Nothing we can do about it now” jab at hurney and others my guy. Sounds like you’re grouping me in with others and or quoted the wrong person 

Nope I was referring to you but this could apply to many others.  Why constantly complain about the past instead of focusing on the present and future?. Hurney and Rivera are gone. If you didn't like what they did why bring it up to complain. You should be glad they are gone and should  stop bringing up the negative or even.mentjoning them.. You said we better change our attitude of waiting to sign players and I.pointed out we did better than that. We changed our total staff and have new folks. Instead of looking forward you and plenty others keep bringing up the past and complaining about things that are no longer germaine. Hurney is gone,  Why keep getting worked up about something that happened in the past? Move on.. That is the point. 

11 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Nobody is saying ignore everything else and just rely on CMC. We gotta build the OL and get a QB (possibly have checked this box, we’ll see). CMC’s contract doesn’t prevent those from happening.  But the offense is better with CMC than without. His contract doesn’t even reflect how much he actually contributes to the offense. 

and nothing in the Super Bowls dispels anything. CMC is a rare weapon. There aren’t any others like him right now. That’s what rare means, hard to find.

That is a good point. How much does NO rely on Kamara? Guy¹s like CMC and Kamara are not the norm and are unique weapons that are worth what they are getting paid. Injuries happen and that sucks but the idea that his contract prevents us from signing other guys is not true at all. The cap can be manipulated a dozen ways. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That is a good point. How much does NO rely on Kamara? Guy¹s like CMC and Kamara are not the norm and are unique weapons that are worth what they are getting paid. Injuries happen and that sucks but the idea that his contract prevents us from signing other guys is not true at all. The cap can be manipulated a dozen ways. 

Those two do share similarities but how they are used is quite different. The Saints are not running him into the ground or trying to shoehorn him in as their whole offense. New Orleans has a very versatile offense. The proof is in the pudding. Look at their respective snap counts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Those two do share similarities but how they are used is quite different. The Saints are not running him into the ground or trying to shoehorn him in as their whole offense. New Orleans has a very versatile offense. The proof is in the pudding. Look at their respective snap counts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's interesting to see.  

Can you do one with their touches?  I feel like Kamara has just as many touches (so snaps don't really matter as much).  I'm possibly wrong but I'd like to see.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

New regime, new coaching. I don’t think Rhule and Brady are as offense-ignorant as Rivera or as old school as Turner. CMC will be used appropriately now (especially with a full complement of supporting weapons and potentially a QB that threatens the defense).

I think CMC is gonna get his stats without the offense relying only on him. Maybe not 1k/1k again, but still top tier production and the other impacts he has on the offense just by being who he is, making defenses have to worry and concentrate on him leaving other weapons and plays able to succeed. 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Given that Rhule didn't have McCaffrey but for 3 games you don't know how he will be used. And the reason Kamara isnt used as a true running back is because he can't do what CMC can do.  CMC has more ability and is more versatile than Kamara so why would we limit him. I know the injury issue was a big thing but CMC has been heavily used in college and the pros with no ill effects until last year. And I am not sure the type of injuries he sustained were typically associated with over use. I would like to dial back some of the wear and tear on CMC but the other argument is that when you pay top dollar for a player he needs to be on the field as much as possible.

31 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

That's interesting to see.  

Can you do one with their touches?  I feel like Kamara has just as many touches (so snaps don't really matter as much).  I'm possibly wrong but I'd like to see.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/2019-rb-running-back-nfl-stats/

You'll have to scroll over to the right and double tap touches.

2019: CMC - 403/Kamara - 252

2018 CMC -326/Kamara - 275

2017 CMC - 197/Kamara - 201

Last year Kamara had 270. CMC was sitting at 76 in 3 games alone. So that's about 25 touches per game and taking that average McCaffrey would have soared to 400 at current pace if he played the full season which would have been most in the nfl passing Derrick Henry at 397.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

https://fantasyfootballers.org/2019-rb-running-back-nfl-stats/

You'll have to scroll over to the right and double tap touches.

2019: CMC - 403/Kamara - 252

2018 CMC -326/Kamara - 275

2017 CMC - 197/Kamara - 201

Last year Kamara had 270. CMC was sitting at 76 in 3 games alone. So that's about 25 touches per game and taking that average McCaffrey would have soared to 400 at current pace if he played the full season which would have been most in the nfl passing Derrick Henry at 397.

Thanks for researching that.

2017 & 18 were very similar.   

2019 Kamara was injured and missed a bunch of time.  I don't think their usage rate are that much different especially considering the snap count differences.

2020, who knows.  Like you said, it was obvious trending high for CMC.

• Beer 1