• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers want to get long term deal done with Taylor Moton before deadline

TheSpecialJuan

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As I recall, either Joe Brady or Matt Rhule stated a while back that they have no plans to reduce their usage of Christian McCaffrey.

Yeah- It was phrased like he'd be used (on the field just as much), but they'd be smart about how they use him whatever that means. I hope he gets a few less touches because other guys are stepping up. I think he might flex out even more with Curtis gone. I'd like to see him on the field at times with another back in the backfield. He takes so much attention with him, it should really open thinks up for the offense if he's used smartly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Sooo...We can finally see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. And you want one of our best players to leave. Makes perfect sense. SMH

Well, from my experience, the trend is:

* Stay at Carolina until the organization sucks you dry, uses you until you are a dry husk,  and the fans throw you under their red-neck bus, or

* Leave

It’s a pretty dang easy choice as to which you would recommend to a player whose interest you are in favor of.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

10 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Well, from my experience, the trend is:

* Stay at Carolina until the organization sucks you dry, uses you until you are a dry husk,  and the fans throw you under their red-neck bus, or

* Leave

It’s a pretty dang easy choice as to which you would recommend to a player whose interest you are in favor of.

1st, this ain't your daddy's Panthers anymore. Not sure if you are aware, but we have a new Coach, and a new GM. THIS team is trending upwards. I know that doesn't jibe with your sarcastic, grumpy old man personna. But hey, if you pay attention to what is going on, you may just enjoy it. Nah, stupid idea I know.

2nd, I thought Moton went to WMU, not Auburn. Why do you care about him?

• Pie 1

Moton gets paid. 

The logic is pretty simple. Keep him, develop Christensen and expect at least one of the young linemen to develop into a solid starter. That gives you a young core of OLine from which to build. Don't skimp on the OLine picks over the next couple of years and a perceived weakness develops into a strength. 

Lose Moton and the Panthers are back to bailing wire and duct tape for the foreseeable future.

The only fly in the ointment is Moton and his desire to stay in Carolina. I don't believe the contract delay has all been on Carolina's side.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Moton gets paid. 

Oh he's getting paid, here or somewhere else.  Hopefully here.

I wonder how much the LT, RT is playing into it since there appears to be a LT premium.

I know they are saying they want a long term deal, but he may just end up playing LT on the tag this year and we play long term LT money next year.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

Moton gets paid. 

The logic is pretty simple. Keep him, develop Christensen and expect at least one of the young linemen to develop into a solid starter. That gives you a young core of OLine from which to build. Don't skimp on the OLine picks over the next couple of years and a perceived weakness develops into a strength. 

Lose Moton and the Panthers are back to bailing wire and duct tape for the foreseeable future.

The only fly in the ointment is Moton and his desire to stay in Carolina. I don't believe the contract delay has all been on Carolina's side.

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Oh he's getting paid, here or somewhere else.  Hopefully here.

I wonder how much the LT, RT is playing into it since there appears to be a LT premium.

I know they are saying they want a long term deal, but he may just end up playing LT on the tag this year and we play long term LT money next year.

Here's my thinking. BChris at RT, Miller at RG, Paradis mentors Moore at C, and Moton at LT. That leaves a bunch of guys fighting for LG. One of them has to be decent to good? Right?

I am getting to the point where I might just let Moton walk next year. We can probably get solid LT play in FA for 5-10mil less than what Moton would get. Or, throw a couple of Draft Picks at LT and see what sticks.

Or...if things go better than expected this year, and BChris plays well. Maybe pay Moton and have your bookends together for another 4+ years.

Man, I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions. I have trouble deciding what flavor ice cream to buy.

• Beer 1