• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers want to get long term deal done with Taylor Moton before deadline

TheSpecialJuan

On 6/30/2021 at 5:53 PM, JawnyBlaze said:

(I’m fine with CMC’s contract, for the record. He’s a game changer, not just a “rb”. Shaq’s contract sickens me though. Worse than Jake’s last extension imo)

No one should be fine with cmc contract because it just doesn't work out for rbs... and even he has been banged up. Most great rbs bodies are all but beat up when the second contract is signed.

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Here's my thinking. BChris at RT, Miller at RG, Paradis mentors Moore at C, and Moton at LT. That leaves a bunch of guys fighting for LG. One of them has to be decent to good? Right?

Yes, its very possible.  Looks like it will all be worked out at camp.

I am getting to the point where I might just let Moton walk next year.

I'm not there yet.  We really need to learn to find a way to pay excellent players.  I don't understand the purpose of carrying cap space.  After the Saints trimmed 100 million off their cap with little damage accept the unavoidable Brees retirement, they then turned around and gave out the highest RT contract in history...they know how to work the cap. 

We need to learn.

We've learned from the Seahawks how to work the draft.  We need to learn how to work the cap and keep good players.

Its more than just the budget.  You want to create a place that players WANT to go to.  We don't want to be seen as an org who is going to try to squeeze every last dime and ounce of production out them, then toss them aside. Jenkins was just released by the aints and he turns around says it was the best team he's played for.    I did a spit take.

Man, I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions. 

Me too.

• Beer 1

On 7/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, stbugs said:

SMH. I’m glad we have CMC what do I have to get mad about. If my words are strong it’s because your statement on him makes no sense. You seriously think he didn’t do enough when healthy? You really don’t get football at all. If someone tells you that you’ve got the 31st ranked scoring D, Kyle Allen is your QB and defenses will sell out to stop your RB, most normal people aren’t going to say a 2400 yard 19 TD season wasn’t incredible. He did everything humanly possible to overcome a terrible team. Most 5-11 teams don’t have first team all-pros on them.

We were relegated to starting Kyle Allen because we failed to build a line around our previous quarterback for the better part of a decade. I don't think you are lacking intellect or the ability to rationalize but you just cannot see past your own personal attachment on this issue. Rejoicing over individual accolades for positions that are becoming increasingly devalued while divisional rivals pass us by and add to their trophy collection is how we remain in the cellar. You are so desperate to convince yourself we are actually clever by having the highest paid running back in the league despite still be a losing team and at the bottom of our division you are throwing any other player you can under the bus. DJ Moore isn't irreplaceable either. Other successful nfl franchises seem to have an understanding of postional value and how to invest intelligently in what matters most. The trenches. The Bucs for example have slowly been building their offensive and defensive lines the last several years while the Panthers have found solace in circle jerks over stat padding in losses. The Panthers are no better off now than they were ten years ago with the offensive line. I can only hope the new brain trust understand this and build accordingly.

14 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

No one should be fine with cmc contract because it just doesn't work out for rbs... and even he has been banged up. Most great rbs bodies are all but beat up when the second contract is signed.

He’s not just a RB though. He’s a game changer, the ultimate weapon on offense. Most other RBs I agree, no big money contracts past like 25 years old.  We’ll see this year. If he continues to be banged up, it was a mistake. If he’s back to fully healthy, it wasn’t. 

37 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He’s not just a RB though. He’s a game changer, the ultimate weapon on offense. Most other RBs I agree, no big money contracts past like 25 years old.  We’ll see this year. If he continues to be banged up, it was a mistake. If he’s back to fully healthy, it wasn’t. 

Can't be a game changer from the bench. You know who the best rb in football is? That would be Derrick Henry. Why? He has the build to sustain the workload. The last two seasons he has been top 5 in touches and put up 3500 yards and 33 touchdowns and only missed 1 game. And he's only the fifth highest paid back in annual salary.

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I get what your saying and that's fair enough. 

• Pie 1

Everything I saw was oline FA's were slim pickings this offseason.  We needed help and didnt want to be in a position of drafting for need.  I think they just didnt want to be caught with their pants down if they didnt make some kind of move in free agency.