• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason Breaking non-news

MHS831

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It was almost like Ron Rivera told the players to play that way- " Hey guys Im done here, best thing for you to do is pad your stats so you look better during free agency" I forgot who asked, but some reporter did and rivera was like" Doing the best we can, the team cares, they are doing their best". Rivera never had that problem before, but the total team quit/checkout and it was one of the worst panthers teams in our history. Theres lots I can take, one I can NOT is RB getting first down every two carries. 

The worst part is that instead of being a 10+ win team, that year directly led to a complete roster teardown and sent us plummeting into the NFL cellar for what is now a multi-year stint. 

It's pretty unreal to think that after 2015 and that 15-1 season, we have now gone 34-46 since, with only one winning season in that span. 

Well, there was that time we got rid of those scrubs Josh Norman and Peanut Tillman and drafted those studs Bradbury, Worley, and Sanchez.

Yeah, I know Bradbury was ok, but we kind of dropped off a cliff there that off-season.

Wait....what were we talking about?

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I gave Herniay the gold star for signing Mccoy to a cheap deal and thought this team should go 12-4.......i just didnt buy Cam shoulder is done talk, I thought just a fluke/unlucky deal. It was awful to watch that team unfold into bunch of weak only caring about my stats DL. They only cared about 2020 free agency. So what a RB is getting 7 yards per attempt, "But look at my sacks doe, str8-fire son!!". SOFTNESS DL IN NFL HISTORY, compete joke!!

Kind of reminds me of last year…all this pass pressure (which we’re actually middle of the road in) people want to talk about and yet only FOUR other teams allowed more average rushing yards per attempt than the Panthers. Then this forum bashes teams like the Jags who guess what…were tied with the Panthers at 27th in the league with that stat. 

Passing wise we didn’t do too bad…and by that I mean slightly closer to average….except interceptions and sacks. Only one team had less interceptions and again we tied another known ‘bottom dweller’ on the huddle for 31st place…the lions. Sack wise, only 7 teams had less, and compared to playoff teams our total sacks were near HALF of what’s needed.

There is hella improvement to be made. Overall, we’re still kings of the bottom third of the NFL, which isn’t too bad considering, but back to your point, if the odds are a team will get a first simply by running the ball, especially with zero fear of turning it over should they pass, that will always just cripple a team.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Well, there was that time we got rid of those scrubs Josh Norman and Peanut Tillman and drafted those studs Bradbury, Worley, and Sanchez.

Yeah, I know Bradbury was ok, but we kind of dropped off a cliff there that off-season.

Wait....what were we talking about?

Maybe it’s just me but if we weren’t taking a QB and there was no chance of Sewell, I feel like signing BB trading down and drafting Parsons would’ve been a better plan as far as value and results. But I’m no GM.

I suspect the secondary will be fantastic this year.  I know that’s optimistic but Rhule finds a way to get his players to overachieve. And that CB stable has A+ 1st round pedigree.

We know Chinn will bring his A game and command the secondary. All it takes is Horn and Donte to buy in. 

Troy Pride made something of himself. Rhule likes the types that dig deep. We had no business being in some of the games we were in last year. Personally I’m excited to see how Donte does fully healthy and motivated with coach Rhule. 

Don’t forget our pass rush should be pretty scary this year. We haven’t had that kind of young and healthy talent since 2013.

Edited by OneBadCat

59 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Kind of reminds me of last year…all this pass pressure (which we’re actually middle of the road in) people want to talk about and yet only FOUR other teams allowed more average rushing yards per attempt than the Panthers. Then this forum bashes teams like the Jags who guess what…were tied with the Panthers at 27th in the league with that stat. 

Passing wise we didn’t do too bad…and by that I mean slightly closer to average….except interceptions and sacks. Only one team had less interceptions and again we tied another known ‘bottom dweller’ on the huddle for 31st place…the lions. Sack wise, only 7 teams had less, and compared to playoff teams our total sacks were near HALF of what’s needed.

There is hella improvement to be made. Overall, we’re still kings of the bottom third of the NFL, which isn’t too bad considering, but back to your point, if the odds are a team will get a first simply by running the ball, especially with zero fear of turning it over should they pass, that will always just cripple a team.

All true, before the season I thought panthers D would challenge some all-time records.....the worst ones not the good. So my expectations were 30s in near everything across the board. I was shocked at the play....NOT during the time where for like 3 games the D could not have a 3rd down stop(jesus that was bad). Thing is panthers knew this with showing the draft hand, record 1-7 defensive picks. Like you posted plenty of room to get better and instead of AARP the team is more fortnite...

Heres a small run down of what the panthers lost- Luke 1B LB in the game HOF stud, Bradberry held most elite WRs in check, Reid a 100 tackle safety, Addinson gets 9 sacks per year for years, Irvin solid vet the Moton of DEs, Mccoy elite first step, Butler late 1st huge body figuring out NFL, and lastly Love, Horton, anc cockrell all decent depth options. Thats like 70% of the snaps and 65% of the stats GONE......Thats impossible to fix in one year. Plus Phil Snow never called one NFL play in like 65 years of his life. I thought this group is going to get poo stamped each week.

I mean Djack was by far the best option at CBand wavier claim off a team with terrible CBs was the other starter. Backups are late round rookies, all teams should have threw non-stop it feels. They over-came allllllllllllllllllllll that plus the convid BS and were not the worst in NFL history. I choose not to judge this past year, but major props to Phil Snow and the young defense. I believe they should be mid-pack this year(firm number would be 18th) with age of the D, they can grow together and maybe reaally be scary for other NFL teams come 2022. 

My choice football "drug" is DL play and panthers in 25 years give me plenty........recently the supply has been very light...but I like the were they are headed.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

Sorry folks, I'm not sold on our DC yet. We might have been undermanned out there, but that defense played soft as hell throughout the year. We couldn't get people off the field on third down. We were vulnerable underneath, over the top and all over the middle of the field.

While there were some good individual performances, that defense was lucky to walk out at 5-11. 

Snow, whether they say it or not, is on the hot seat. He'd better not melt this year. The guy coached like an old lady with a division III team. That's just not going to cut it in the NFL.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Sorry folks, I'm not sold on our DC yet. We might have been undermanned out there, but that defense played soft as hell throughout the year. We couldn't get people off the field on third down. We were vulnerable underneath, over the top and all over the middle of the field.

While there were some good individual performances, that defense was lucky to walk out at 5-11. 

Snow, whether they say it or not, is on the hot seat. He'd better not melt this year. The guy coached like an old lady with a division III team. That's just not going to cut it in the NFL.

I get what you are saying, but he had no other option than to try to keep everything in front of our young guys and hope for a turnover or missed play by the other team. At one time we had SO3, Franklin, Pride, Roy, YGM, Brown, and Chinn all on the field as rookies plus Whitehead in the middle and Boston whiffing on tackles. When DJax was hurt that defense had no business stopping an NFL offense from a talent standpoint.

• Pie 1