Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Brian Burns - best young edge in the league


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ncfan said:

 “BuT hE’s a UnDeRsIzEd De With a spin move from Florida State.”  

“He’s Everett Brown 2.0”

”should’ve drafted Andre Dillard instead.”

 

 

ah the memories of draft night. And leading up to that draft.

I was excited about the pick from the start because this dude just oozed insane pass rushing talent, but those were some fair concerns at the time. Of course they look stupid now.

 

Also, while this is a nice stat with the pressures, it's just one stat. He's definitely one of the best young pass rushers in the league but I wouldn't call him the best yet just based off of having the most pressures. He still needs to work on finishing up those pressures with more sacks.

Edited by t96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted Sweat. I'm glad we drafted Burns.

 

I did too, but days before the draft Sweat was getting the red flags treatment left and right. Member the one former coach said " You can not yell at him, he will shut down. Hes got thin-skin " Burns was the more cleaner player and just slighter less of RAS number. I still want to see Burns grow more, like rush stopping and not coming off the field etc. Needs to remain a panther and we need to start that process right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, Riverboat Ron said:

Still have no clue why the Raiders drafted Ferrell over him, I remember I mocked Burns to the Raiders at #4.

Everybody on the huddle was on the ferrell train. People love to look at stats and none of the factors that helped make those stats possible. This is where the combine comes into play. Who cares if you have 14 sacks with 3 other first rounders on the line with you. 

Then you get to the combine and look like a marginal athlete that put your how did you get those stats into question. Scout traits, ability, then stats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Everybody on the huddle was on the ferrell train. People love to look at stats and none of the factors that helped make those stats possible. This is where the combine comes into play. Who cares if you have 14 sacks with 3 other first rounders on the line with you. 

Then you get to the combine and look like a marginal athlete that put your how did you get those stats into question. Scout traits, ability, then stats. 

Burns hasn't done anything yet and has vastly underperformed. 

I don't know why you guys are so in love with him.

He's way down the list as far as Panther's all time pass rushers much less the NFLs.

If he doesn't have a minimum of 12 sacks this year we should seriously evaluate what we want to do with him.

He's still a liability against the run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Burns hasn't done anything yet and has vastly underperformed. 

I don't know why you guys are so in love with him.

He's way down the list as far as Panther's all time pass rushers much less the NFLs.

If he doesn't have a minimum of 12 sacks this year we should seriously evaluate what we want to do with him.

He's still a liability against the run.

tenor.gif?itemid=3563783

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Burns hasn't done anything yet and has vastly underperformed. 

I don't know why you guys are so in love with him.

He's way down the list as far as Panther's all time pass rushers much less the NFLs.

If he doesn't have a minimum of 12 sacks this year we should seriously evaluate what we want to do with him.

He's still a liability against the run.

You expect him to be on the “all time” list while on his rookie contract? Man you must be hard to impress…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You expect him to be on the “all time” list while on his rookie contract? Man you must be hard to impress…

All time doesn't mean career totals.

If that were the case Bo Jackson wouldn't be one of the best backs to ever play. 

Don't confuse average mediocre play combined with a long career for a high number with greatness. 

He is not productive period.

Panthers pass rushers I'd play in front of Burns in order

Lamar Lathon 

Kevin Greene 

Julius Peppers 

Greg Hardy

Mike Rucker

Maybe Charles Johnson 

Then probably Burns.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

All time doesn't mean career totals.

If that were the case Bo Jackson wouldn't be one of the best backs to ever play. 

Don't confuse average mediocre play combined with a long career for a high number with greatness. 

He is not productive period.

Panthers pass rushers I'd play in front of Burns in order

Lamar Lathon 

Kevin Greene 

Julius Peppers 

Greg Hardy

Mike Rucker

Maybe Charles Johnson 

Then probably Burns.

 

The only guy on that list he's in the same league as is probably CJ

Maybe Rucker. But he's nowhere close to the other guys yet as far as producing or instilling fear in the other QB.

Edited by Catsfan69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Burns hasn't done anything yet and has vastly underperformed. 

False.  DPOW 16.5 sacks, 4 FF.  CJ was a great player, and was great at his peak, but his early numbers were not that good.

 

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's true. The guy has been no better than Charles Johnson so far and way worse against the run when compared to CJ.

Patently false. Burns had 9 sacks last season his 2nd year.   CJ didn't eclipse that until his 4th year.    Burns had 3 FF last year.  CJ didn't eclipse than until his 6th year.

Quote

He's way down the list as far as Panther's all time pass rushers much less the NFLs.

He's only played 2 years, he's on pace.

Quote

If he doesn't have a minimum of 12 sacks this year we should seriously evaluate what we want to do with him.

Now you're just trolling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...