• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Urban Meyer receives first NFL discipline before even coaching a game

ladypanther

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer defended the hiring of a former Iowa assistant accused of racism, saying Thursday he “vetted him thoroughly along with our general manager and owner.”

Iowa agreed to pay strength coach Chris Doyle $1.1 million in a resignation agreement last June after more than a dozen former players said he bullied and discriminated against them. Doyle denied the allegations. An investigation by an outside law firm later found that the program’s rules “perpetuated racial and culture biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity,” and allowed coaches to demean players without consequence.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-brian-schottenheimer-jacksonville-jaguars-football-florida-eeec5c98e7cdf8222391e696115ca0dd

Jaguars fired him a few days later. Meyer is off to a terrible start. 

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

well I guess we're outta luck this year too then, better not bother watching the team this year

Oh we will do better than 5-11 and will be worth watching but making the playoffs will be a big task.  Given we don't have a rookie QB we stand a better chance than Jacksonville. Still though we are more likely to make the playoffs next year or 2023 if history is any indication.

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Oh we will do better than 5-11 and will be worth watching but making the playoffs will be a big task.  Given we don't have a rookie QB we stand a better chance than Jacksonville. Still though we are more likely to make the playoffs next year or 2023 if history is any indication.

Lawrence won't be a rookie QB next year.

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Five wins would make you 5-12 now.

I think I kinda like him. Ole Timmy T*ebow too as we all know why he gets so much hate but we arent allowed to say it. It certainly isnt because he is an asshole. As far as Urban goes most hate him because one of his well coached teams probably pounded the piss out of their favorite college teams and ruined their precious college football weekend. He must be doing right as well as T*ebow to get so much hate and chances are they both have way more money and way more fun lives than most who hate them and that's a painful fact that may sting but we all know its true. We all know Timmy T could bang all your girls then beat your asses after while reciting bible verses the entire time if he wanted to and its a shot to their manhood so they project hate towards him and make fun of him while he lives a much better life than his haters anyhow. Ole Urban while probably a douche in real life still just keeps winning the game of life while his haters go about their little crap meaningless boring lives and spew hatred towards him for all he does. Im going to like the villain here (Urban Meyer) just because he is getting so much hate and could probably buy all your houses just to use as a backup garage while banging all your old ladies at the same time too. Truth hurts i know but "it is what it is". In fact, I hear guys all the time so threatened by ole' Timmy T. calling him names and poking fun all while knowing they would crap their office working wrinkle free slacks if they had to give opinions of him to his face and would not be man enough anyhow. Bottom line, both those guys win in life and could pretty much buy all their haters lives for the sheer fun of seeing how the boring insignificant nobody sheep live for a day. The truth of reality sometimes hurts I know. 

• Beer 2

22 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Jaguars fired him a few days later. Meyer is off to a terrible start. 

Urban Meyer is certainly not getting off to a roaring start. He is learning fast that NFL and College Football are a whole different  world apart.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Beer 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, gofightwin said:

He succeeded in college in large part to having superior athletes and bending the rules for his players to keep them on the field. Will be interesting to see if he is truly as smart as he thinks he is.

Whether or not he'll be succesful in the NFL remains to be seen, but you do know he was a great coach right? Beat Bama with a 3rd string QB at Ohio. But before that look up his record at Bowling Green and Utah before you act like it's only because of superior talent. No, I'm not an OSU fan (MSU actually).

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Metal_Sparty said:

Whether or not he'll be succesful in the NFL remains to be seen, but you do know he was a great coach right? Beat Bama with a 3rd string QB at Ohio. But before that look up his record at Bowling Green and Utah before you act like it's only because of superior talent. No, I'm not an OSU fan (MSU actually).

GO GREEN!!!

On 7/3/2021 at 11:32 PM, Metal_Sparty said:

I mean he only had the first overall pick Alex Smith at Utah...but I guess having the nation's top QB in the Mountain West conference doesn't count as superior talent. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:41 AM, t96 said:

Lawrence will do enough to get them to the playoffs as soon as year 2, and likely keep them there for a while. I see Meyer lasting 4-5+ years with moderate success but without a SB probably getting replaced at some point.

So basically Ron Rivera 2.0