• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My top 5 draft wishes as of now..

WOW!!

1. Scottie Barnes 

Physicality extreme measurables.. Best defender in the draft..  high floor with high upside.. Won't make it to us..

2. James Bouknight 

Super athletic, super scorer, super fit with Melo..

3. Moses Moody..

Great shooter, all around guard, good fit with Melo...

4. Kia Jones..

Potential, potential,  potential.. Won't be much help his rookie year.. But could develop into a franchise type 4/5..

5. Keon Johnson..

Really good perimeter defender who is the best athlete in this draft.. Needs work on his offensive game..

• Pie 5

Nice post.  Just my own personal opinion but off that list I like Moody most.  Not a big fan of Barnes or Jones.  Barnes just never felt like that big a difference maker when I saw him live.  Jones is extremely raw IMO…more of a back up.  Bouknight reminds me of Monk just not as good.  Appreciate the post and vids though.

Moody’s game reminds me a little of Anthony Edwards just not as explosive.  Probably already a better defender than Edwards was coming out last year.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

Nice post.  Just my own personal opinion but off that list I like Moody most.  Not a big fan of Barnes or Jones.  Barnes just never felt like that big a difference maker when I saw him live.  Jones is extremely raw IMO…more of a back up.  Bouknight reminds me of Monk just not as good.  Appreciate the post and vids though.

Moody’s game reminds me a little of Anthony Edwards just not as explosive.  Probably already a better defender than Edwards was coming out last year.

I'll agree to disagree about Barnes.. I think his size 6'9 , length 7'2 reach  ball handling, defense of all 5 position makes him a can't miss.. At worst you get a taller longer Draymond.. At best you get Scottie Pippen..

I agree on Jones he needs more development and drafting him is a help later not now move.. But the potential is there..

Bouknight I thought the same thing with his similarity with Monk.. But he is taller longer not the athlete or explosiveness but the better defender and ball handlers already...

And I love Moody too.. Right size right skill set would instantly fit..

• Pie 3

After listening to Mitch's interview on Wfnz - I am sure we are drafting someone.. I thought they might package the pick in a trade but he stressed that we are still a team trying to make the playoffs - once we do that we will try and advance deeper into the playoffs - so on and so on.. he made sure to point out we were hurt by our lack of depth after the injuries this year and aren't truly ready to compete just yet..

He said "for sure" we will try and retain a mix of our FAs (Graham, Monk, Zeller and Biz).. but we have to be smart about not thinking we are further than we actually are

With that said - Sengun/Kai would make me very happy..

if Monk walks in FA - SG becomes a need = Moody, Johnson or Bouknight

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

After listening to Mitch's interview on Wfnz - I am sure we are drafting someone.. I thought they might package the pick in a trade but he stressed that we are still a team trying to make the playoffs - once we do that we will try and advance deeper into the playoffs - so on and so on.. he made sure to point out we were hurt by our lack of depth after the injuries this year and aren't truly ready to compete just yet..

Haven't heard the interview, but thank goodness that he has the right mindset and is saying the right things. Hopefully they stick to that and let the guys they want to keep develop naturally instead of rushing things like the previous braintrust did with Kemba and Big Al.

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

He said "for sure" we will try and retain a mix of our FAs (Graham, Monk, Zeller and Biz).. but we have to be smart about not thinking we are further than we actually are

With that said - Sengun/Kai would make me very happy..

if Monk walks in FA - SG becomes a need = Moody, Johnson or Bouknight

I'd be shocked if they signed Zeller or Biz back and it's a either or situation with Graham or Monk.. I don't think we can afford both..

Won't be happy with Sengun because he doesn't fix rim protection at all.. He might be a solid offensive big but we will still be overmatched on the defensive and rebounding end...

And even if we signed Monk I still look at the SG knowing Rozier might not be here longterm...

• Pie 1

For this draft I think the Hornets will draft a wing player. Moody, Wagner, Durante, Booknight or Johnson will be the pick. The Hornets don't need another developmental big man. They will tackle the center spot via free agency.  I think Graham will be back. Monk is a goner

• Pie 1

On 7/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, Shocker said:

I do think Chris Duarte is a serious player and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes higher than expected.  

I might put him at 5...

His age sucks but he he has the perfect skillset..

• Pie 2

Agreed…worrisome that he is older than Monk already but he can score and probably play both guard spots.  He skipped the combine and I’ve read he might have a promise in the first round.  

In addition to the Klay Thompson comp (agree there) I think he has a little Devin Booker to his game although not on that level of course.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agreed…worrisome that he is older than Monk already but he can score and probably play both guard spots.  He skipped the combine and I’ve read he might have a promise in the first round.  

In addition to the Klay Thompson comp (agree there) I think he has a little Devin Booker to his game although not on that level of course.

Watching more video on him he might be my favorite after Moody and Boukinght... His shot motion doesn't change no matter if it's a set, jump or off the dribble.. He's a tough willing defender.. He has some secret athleticism.. Only that's holding him back is his age... He came to workout for us so his 1st round agreement is after our pick I think..

But thank you for introducing me to this guy He is a fire prospect for us..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 2