• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee is ready for camp

SBBlue

On 7/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, PandaMan said:

I’ve already seen more videos of Jaycee working out and practicing on his own than any Carolina player I can remember, aside from maybe Cam.  Love how he keeps trying to improve.  Might have to invest in a new jersey… 

Maybe his life just revolves around being on Social Media? And his self worth is wrapped up in what others perception of him is?

Don't think Luke, CMC, Olsen, Davis, Minter, etc. practiced as much as him, or worked as much, on their own? 

• Poo 1

Most of the questions I've seen people asking about Horn have to do with how "handsy" he was as a college DB. Some critics think he'll draw a lot of flags as a pro.

And yeah, it's possible. But even some of the best in the game draw their fair share of penalties, more so over the last few years since the league's been trying to get as much offense as possible.

My guess: he may well get penalized a fair amount, just hopefully not enough to where it causes problems.

His rookie season especially could be a little rough in that regard. But if so, that won't mean he's a bust.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Don't think Luke, CMC, Olsen, Davis, Minter, etc. practiced as much as him, or worked as much, on their own? 

I mean, obviously they did.  But seeing it and assuming it’s happening are very different.  The guy lives for football and doesn’t just talk the talk, he walks the walk and shows it.  It’s cool to see from our CB1.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, PandaMan said:

I’ve already seen more videos of Jaycee working out and practicing on his own than any Carolina player I can remember, aside from maybe Cam.  Love how he keeps trying to improve.  Might have to invest in a new jersey… 

Most players continue working out hard through July. Most players also don't bother doing a video for social media, no point. Glad he is working hard, but don't assume others are not. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Zod said:

Most players continue working out hard through July. Most players also don't bother doing a video for social media, no point. Glad he is working hard, but don't assume others are not. 

Imagine if Luke had tweeted every time he sat down to watch film 😕

Some guys like the social media stuff. Some don't. I don't care either way as long as they produce on the field.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Zod said:

But I was told they were spoiled, overpaid millionaires that basically lived on easy street. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

But I was told they were spoiled, overpaid millionaires that basically lived on easy street. 

A few probably are.  But they usually don't last long in the league. 

Just like in any profession that pays that much there are always a few that create undeserved criticism for the majority.  Money does strange things to people as well.  

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

A few probably are.  But they usually don't last long in the league. 

Just like in any profession that pays that much there are always a few that create undeserved criticism for the majority.  Money does strange things to people as well.  

People always assume athletes are just born being elite. Those are rare cases for rare people. The rest work hard to achieve what they have.

Great example being Luke. He wouldn't be the Luke we know without all that extra work and being a maniac. And I am sure we have had many, many players that do those same things that we don't even know about. 

Yes they reap great rewards for their hard work but it doesn't make the hard work any less than what it is.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People always assume athletes are just born being elite. Those are rare cases for rare people. The rest work hard to achieve what they have.

Great example being Luke. He wouldn't be the Luke we know without all that extra work and being a maniac. And I am sure we have had many, many players that do those same things that we don't even know about. 

Yes they reap great rewards for their hard work but it doesn't make the hard work any less than what it is.

Now nearly 99% are putting in work, only if you won the gene lotto youre able to coast along. Plus it helps if the spot is like QB, big ben maybe the last one that got by on his gifts. Tho maybe the first time hes putting in work with recent reports, idk he always showed up to camp looking like poo stuffed in a sack. Even the #10 OLmen is a god dam man beast with working out. I know a few WRs are getting by via being able to roll out of bad and run a 4.2 while not training. Luke lived at the stadium form what I heard, I believe he had a personal card to everywhere. He lifted multiple times per day and always stayed late watching film. He beat the morning sun and it was night-time before he was home many times. Shame he "lost" that DPOY level and didnt like watching himself on film.....plus it crushed the salary cap as well, not a typical Hernaiy mistake either. Luke, Snow, and Rhule would have been a perfect team and we still need LBs....

• Beer 1