• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

P.J. Walker and Will Grier know how to adjust

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I could see the Watson scenario playing out if he gets his situation in order. If not, I suspect we will go draft. The QB free agent market isn't gonna do much good in 2022.

Jimmy G. is about the best we might see and he is more likely to be traded than released.

I haven’t done a ton of research yet but my initial thoughts is this is an overall weak class.  Lots of undersized projects.   Howell, spencer, kid from liberty, etc.  there is no consensus yet.  I know people love Howell but there is just something off about him to me.  Holds the ball too long doesn’t read defenses that well.  Has a beautiful deep ball but there’s more to it than that.  

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I haven’t done a ton of research yet but my initial thoughts is this is an overall weak class.  Lots of undersized projects.   Howell, spencer, kid from liberty, etc.  there is no consensus yet.  I know people love Howell but there is just something off about him to me.  Holds the ball too long doesn’t read defenses that well.  Has a beautiful deep ball but there’s more to it than that.  

There is potential in the class but I see more warts on the 2022 guys than the top tier guys in this past cclass. We will see, though. They have an entire season of tape yet to be laid down. It may very well be as good of a QB class at 2021 is supposed to be.

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I could see the Watson scenario playing out if he gets his situation in order. If not, I suspect we will go draft. The QB free agent market isn't gonna do much good in 2022.

Jimmy G. is about the best we might see and he is more likely to be traded than released.

But you never know what is going to happen. I don't know that Watson, Stafford, Teddy or Sam were really being considered as free agents this time last year.

26 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

But you never know what is going to happen. I don't know that Watson, Stafford, Teddy or Sam were really being considered as free agents this time last year.

This is true. I definitely hope we get a greater variety of options in 2022 in case we end up having to move on from Darnold.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’m still a bit little surprised Fields wasn’t the pick or at the very least on their radar. In watching the confidential episode, he wasn’t even mentioned as a possible pick

2 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

I’m still a bit little surprised Fields wasn’t the pick or at the very least on their radar. In watching the confidential episode, he wasn’t even mentioned as a possible pick

The only thing I can guess is that teams were really concerned about how quick he processes nfl defenses.   Can you coach that?  I don’t know but we. Be interesting to watch.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My gut says Sam gets it down.  My brain says Watson is our starter in 2022

I seriously don't see any way that happens.

If Darnold isn't the guy, then I think we look to the draft.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Lol they know how to adjust. They will be on the team this year but we will win 5 or 6 games again this year then we will draft one and get a qb from free agency. Neither one will be on the team next year guaranteed!

16 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

See, the trick is finding a good spot on the bench -- view of the cheerleaders, close to the Gatorade stand, able to reach one of those Microsoft tablets loaded with Fortnight. But, you've got to be willing to move man, because sometimes the kicker needs to limber up.

This guy really knows where his towel is.

• Pie 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't have to be a fan of Darnold to see that our backups are garbage.

No difference from our starter

16 hours ago, mccjeff said:

K.Murray comes to mind...not necessarily as a free agent but possible trade

Edited by CPsinceDay1

7 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

The Cardinals aren't trading Kyler Murray, and if they were, it would mean something went majorly wrong.

My word, you have absolutely no grip on reality whatsoever.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Cardinals aren't trading Kyler Murray, and if they were, it would mean something went majorly wrong.

My word, you have absolutely no grip on reality whatsoever.

Anyone that is as obsessed with PJ at the level he is....has a bit of trouble with reality in general, imo.

4 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Anyone that is as obsessed with PJ at the level he is....has a bit of trouble with reality in general, imo.

world of warcraft legion GIF

23 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

No difference from our starter

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

• Poo 2