• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on Brady Christiansen

SBBlue

35 minutes ago, frankw said:

Can't decide if he is going to be a tackle or a guard. Does not inspire confidence for the time being. I would be less concerned about the lack of consensus or cohesion on the line if we had a veteran quarterback behind there. For all the complaints about Bridgewater as a passer he did at times make last years o line look better than they actually were with some nice scrambles.

Yep. I was 100% against signing Teddy and a huge critic of him but he absolutely made our 2020 OL look better than they actually were.

It is so interesting how "up in the air" we are about OL.  I personally think that Daley has a good shot at the LT job.  When healthy, he has been admirable, but Scott, Erving, and Daley are close.  Any article that mentions Little is a sign to stop reading--and I hope they know something I do not---I see Christensen settling in at LG eventually.  I see any number of possibilities at RG.  I even think C is not totally Paradis.  I also think that Miller was not bad at RG last year, but that position could go to Brown (who-on paper-is not a great fit) or Moore.  Moore could win the C job, eventually. 

Day 1 starting lineup:  Daley, Elflein, Paradis, Miller, Moton.

Mid season starting lineup:  Daley, Christensen, Paradis, Miller, Moton.

They likely have no idea about anyone besides Moton and Paradis until pads come on. Don't have a ton of confidence in BC getting bull rushed by BYU competition, and taking a 2 year mission means he's already 24 and probably is what he is already, good or bad at the NFL level

37 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

They likely have no idea about anyone besides Moton and Paradis until pads come on. Don't have a ton of confidence in BC getting bull rushed by BYU competition, and taking a 2 year mission means he's already 24 and probably is what he is already, good or bad at the NFL level

As a sophomore BC played against USC, Washington,  Utah and Tennessee, and allowed a total of four pressures.  He has battled 1st rounder Payton Turner from Houston.  He  was a 2020 consensus All-American, with the best 2020 pass blocking grade among OT in this draft class and  allowed two pressures on 293 pass blocking regular season snaps.

BC may bust, but it is a myth to say he didn't face any 1st rounders or any p5 teams, or that it even matters because Moton was a very similar draft prospect and performed just fine. 

Moton was 64th  G from Western Mich U with a RAS of 8.46 23yr old @season start

BC      was  70th   T from         BYU             with a RAS of 9.84 24yr old @season start

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 4

38 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

As a sophomore BC played against USC, Washington,  Utah and Tennessee, and allowed a total of four pressures.  He has battled 1st rounder Payton Turner from Houston.  He  was a 2020 consensus All-American, with the best 2020 pass blocking grade among OT in this draft class and  allowed two pressures on 293 pass blocking regular season snaps.

BC may bust, but it is a myth to say he didn't face any 1st rounders or any p5 teams, or that it even matters because Moton was a very similar draft prospect and performed just fine. 

Moton was 64th  G from Western Mich U with a RAS of 8.46 23yr old @season start

BC      was  70th   T from         BYU             with a RAS of 9.84 24yr old @season start

Sir, you appear to be bringing actual verifiable facts to support your position. That's just now how we do things here.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say that BC is unlikely to be an "Instant Impact" guy at the moment. Seems like more of a high ceiling project. 

Perhaps he crushes it during training camp and then makes the starting five somewhere. That is the ideal result.

I somewhat agree. Think he plays inside this season but think he can be pretty decent there. But I would be surprised to see him at Tackle this year. But I would love for him to step in and crush it. Here’s to hoping.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, MHS831 said:

It is so interesting how "up in the air" we are about OL.  I personally think that Daley has a good shot at the LT job.  When healthy, he has been admirable, but Scott, Erving, and Daley are close.  Any article that mentions Little is a sign to stop reading--and I hope they know something I do not---I see Christensen settling in at LG eventually.  I see any number of possibilities at RG.  I even think C is not totally Paradis.  I also think that Miller was not bad at RG last year, but that position could go to Brown (who-on paper-is not a great fit) or Moore.  Moore could win the C job, eventually. 

Day 1 starting lineup:  Daley, Elflein, Paradis, Miller, Moton.

Mid season starting lineup:  Daley, Christensen, Paradis, Miller, Moton.

Can Erving has the 13th highest cap hit on the team.  He wasn’t brought in to be a back up.

https://overthecap.com/player/cameron-erving/3867/

Somebody might out play him and earn the starting spot but I think he was signed with the intention of being a starter. 

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Can Erving has the 13th highest cap hit on the team.  He wasn’t brought in to be a back up.

Yes, but start where?  He has played every position on the line.  That is one cheap vet FA LT contract.   He has to stay healthy and win it, which is a big if.  He's already hurt.   

We kept 9 OL to make 53 last year.   Just deciding which 9 to keep isn't easy.  Here's my guess:

Make the Team
72 Taylor Moton T
75 Cameron Erving T
60 Pat Elflein G
61 Matt Paradis C
70 Brady Christensen T
78 Trent Scott T
67 John Miller G
77 Deonte Brown G
68 David Moore G

Practice squad or Cut
65 Dennis Daley G
74 Greg Little T
71 Sam Tecklenburg G
66 Mike Horton G
62 Aaron Monteiro T
63 Matt Kaskey T
73 Martez Ivey T

If we put Moore on the PS, someone will snatch him.  

• Pie 1