• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 Carolina Panthers players facing an uphill battle at training camp

SBBlue

I think Grier is as good as gone. I don't even think he will be held for practice squad. PJ didn't show much in terms of protecting the football but he did show he could move it down field or the capability of it in his short playing time sample. Grier just looked completely overwhelmed, sounds like he knows he is almost done in that recent interview and also must have not had much confidence from the coaches last year when they had an opportunity to play him but chose PJ to play instead. I'm not sure if Grier even makes the practice squad of another team and potentially isn't beginning his coaching career after the Panthers cut him or whatever else next career may be in line for him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

I think Grier is as good as gone. I don't even think he will be held for practice squad. PJ didn't show much in terms of protecting the football but he did show he could move it down field or the capability of it in his short playing time sample. Grier just looked completely overwhelmed, sounds like he knows he is almost done in that recent interview and also must have not had much confidence from the coaches last year when they had an opportunity to play him but chose PJ to play instead. I'm not sure if Grier even makes the practice squad of another team and potentially isn't beginning his coaching career after the Panthers cut him or whatever else next career may be in line for him.

I have never seen Grier play well for us, ever....preseason, regular season...he just looks bad.

PJ looked great in the Lions game until those ints in the ez.  Then he just fell apart in the Saints game.  He has to get that under control.  

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I have never seen Grier play well for us, ever....preseason, regular season...he just looks bad.

PJ looked great in the Lions game until those ints in the ez.  Then he just fell apart in the Saints game.  He has to get that under control.  

I feel same way. I feel like PJ has at least shown some sort of potential to even be a third string QB but Grier has always looked God awful in every single last thing I've ever seen him in. I have a feeling the NFL just isn't a fit for him. I'm sure he is an okay guy and not bashing him but sometimes I guess a solid college career does not always transfer to the NFL. 

• Pie 6

26 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Wasn’t Grier a third rounder?

great investment …

Or very own GM feels that a team should be adding a QB to the roster every year. 

While every year won't be 3rd round picks, the law of averages says there will be 3rd round picks made that don't pan out whether is QB or not. 

Point being, it's a moot point. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Bout time to cut Little loose if we can't get any value out of him at all. Is he at least effective as backup type for depth ?

That’s what I’m thinking. Little’s on a rookie contract and at least provides some depth. No financial advantage or otherwise by cutting him loose just yet.