• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker - Offseason

Tinamedina

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So you don't like them because they didn't like BC?

Oh I like them, if anything its the opposite.   I liked them MORE after they came out against BC.  Before I would listen to them from time to time, now I'm subscribed.  Its hard to find good in depth reviews on BC.  After the draft review on CP3 when they railed on the Brady pick, I wanted to understand why.   They essentially dedicated a whole show to him.  So I took their advice and watched the film they said to watch and what to look for.     Its a great podcast. 

They just do NOT like BC.  Part of it is legitimate, part of it was just because he wasn't on their board.  They admit they didn't watch much tape on him until after the draft.

I just enjoy watching PNP Rashad and Dave more.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mind you, I do believe Walker will have a chance to be a starter again around 2023.

That's when the XFL is scheduled to start back up.

I just find it odd how people selectively fixate on shitting on PJ Walker......given what the rest of the QB roster looks like.  Like....why?

he is a backup QB....who came in and did his job the one time he was asked to start.   

if you are talking about PJ Walker.....it's a sign there are much bigger issues IMO.   Which we saw last year.   The bigger issue was we brought in someone to start that wasn't a NFL starter. 

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

I just find it odd how people selectively fixate on shitting on PJ Walker......given what the rest of the QB roster looks like.  Like....why?

he is a backup QB....who came in and did his job the one time he was asked to start. 

It has a lot to do with the fact that he's not good, honestly probably not even "backup good".

He's not an NFL quarterback. I'd be way more comfortable with a better backup, but I don't know if we're gonna get one.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It has a lot to do with the fact that he's not good, honestly probably not even "backup good".

He's not an NFL quarterback. I'd be way more comfortable with a better backup, but I don't know if we're gonna get one.

Okay....but the reason people are talking about PJ Walker is because there are bigger and more important problems.  So.....why not just fixate on that.  The problem.   It's what I wanted to do in the draft.   Add starting QB talent/potential. 

and the NFL is full of guys that aren't good enough to start.  Basically every team has PJ Walkers.  That's why they are called backups.   Which is what PJ is. 

The problem isn't PJ Walker.  The problem is who Matt Rhule keeps designating as his starting QB.   PJ is getting heat from those that want to deflect from the real issue IMO. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Okay....but the reason people are talking about PJ Walker is because there are bigger and more important problems.  So.....why not just fixate on that.  The problem.   It's what I wanted to do in the draft.   Add starting QB talent/potential. 

and the NFL is full of guys that aren't good enough to start.  Basically every team has PJ Walkers.  That's why they are called backups.   Which is what PJ is. 

The most accurate representation of our backup QB situation I've seen is someone saying we have two third stringers fighting for a second string spot.

I'd prefer one solid second stringer over both of them.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The most accurate representation of our backup QB situation I've seen is someone saying we have two third stringers fighting for a second string spot.

I'd prefer one solid second stringer over both of them.

well, realistically, the only reason people really talk about backup QBs .....is because of the problem that exists at the starting spot. 

yeah, you talk about it if your QB gets hurt.  That's gonna happen.

But if you are freaking out about PJ Walker in July?  Well.....it's really a Sam Darnold conversation.   I'd prefer we just focus on fixing the starting QB spot instead of debating how good you think a 2nd or 3rd string QB is.   

• Flames 1