• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DaQuan Jones

SBBlue

Ranking the NFC South DTs: Where does Panthers’ Derrick Brown fit? (usatoday.com)

" seeing as though this 6-foot-4, 320-pounder was a steady force over much of his seven-year tenure in Tennessee. In addition to a solid 2021, Jones had the grinders at Pro Football Focus on notice, as he marked out for at least a 72.0 grade in three of the four seasons prior. He also registered as the fourth-best pass rusher out of the nose tackle spot in 2020 and, as a sweet bonus factoid, did not commit a single penalty over 799 snaps in 2019."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He could prove to be a huge signing for this line and defense. Kind of a Buckner type addition in that he is a very solid veteran addition to a very young line.

Just now, mccjeff said:

I agree. Outside of Sam, DaQuan could be the most impactful off season signing.

With all these rookies, it's good to add an accomplished vet in there, share his experience.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Is he signed for 1 or 2 years???

Just 1 year I believe.  He signed for less money than Cam Erving, like $4M vs $5M a year.  I was surprised since he’s been a solid player for awhile, I feel like he could’ve gotten more money somewhere else.  Not that I’m complaining.  I’m happy to have the big guy on the team.  

6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

He could prove to be a huge signing for this line and defense. Kind of a Buckner type addition in that he is a very solid veteran addition to a very young line.

I hope so! I think that's what this d-line really needs. There's plenty of talent and energy, just need a wily vet to bring them together, show them the tricks of the trade. Or at least, that's how it works in the movies.