• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Moore

SBBlue

"As a Seahawk, Moore came into his own in 2020 as a sneaky threat that Russell Wilson could utilize when Tyler Lockett and D.K. Metcalf were well-covered by opposing defenses, catching 35 of 47 passes for 417 yards and six touchdowns. He garnered national attention for his incredible sideline scoring reception in Week 2 against the Patriots, the catch probability of which was rated at 6.3%."

WR David Moore leaves Seattle Seahawks, agrees to terms with Panthers (usatoday.com)

• Pie 2

Carolina's often sneakily good at getting solid slot guys. A bit of a lull after Ricky Proehl, but then we've had Cotchery, Jarius Wright, Curtis Samuel, and now whoever ends up in that role. Whether it be CmC, Robby, David Moore, or someone else, I think we'll be alright once again, there.

• Pie 4

34 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

Carolina's often sneakily good at getting solid slot guys. A bit of a lull after Ricky Proehl, but then we've had Cotchery, Jarius Wright, Curtis Samuel, and now whoever ends up in that role. Whether it be CmC, Robby, David Moore, or someone else, I think we'll be alright once again, there.

Given that multiple of them have experience at multiple receiving positions is doesn't have to be written in stone. They can mix it up. Even better.

• Pie 1

Honestly, with the resurgence in our receiving corps, I had lost David Moore in the confusion. Something tells me he is going to be a solid contributor and make his presence known. 

I'm looking at what we have in WRs: Moore, Anderson, Marshall and this Moore. Then we've picked up Arnold and Tremble at the TE position. Then you add in CMC and his 1,000 yard receiving as a side benefit...

Sam Darnold has more weapons moving into this season than any Panthers QB in history. If we can get him decent protection, then I think he's going to have a shot at becoming great here. If not, I'm not sure it would ever happen.

Gosh, the potential is just astounding.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, joemac said:

He is going to be a great addition 

If we can do for Moore, what we did for Anderson.....

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Zylstra probably makes it based on special teams. 

That's my latest guess too.

2 hours ago, Italianpantherfan said:

man I can’t wait 😛 

Me neither.  When does the season begin again?

1 hour ago, EgoDogg said:

A bit of a lull after Ricky Proehl

Tell me about it. I'll never forget 4th and long, touchdown against I think the Jags.  Man that was a wild year.   I think he had one in the SB too.

37 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

make losing Samuel hurt a little less.

Samuel peaked at the right time to get paid.  Those first few seasons were rough.  

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I had lost David Moore in the confusion.

Me too, until that tweet.

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sam Darnold has more weapons moving into this season than any Panthers QB in history. 

I can  not wait.

tenor.gif

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Tell me about it. I'll never forget 4th and long, touchdown against I think the Jags.  Man that was a wild year.   I think he had one in the SB too.

He did. He was the game tying TD at the end of the game with Jake under some crazy pressure. Proehl was wide open. Unfortunately he is the kiss of death for game-tying TD's in the Super Bowl. Also had a game tying TD with the Rams vs the Pats in 2001 and it had the same outcome 😞 

11 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

He did. He was the game tying TD at the end of the game with Jake under some crazy pressure. Proehl was wide open. Unfortunately he is the kiss of death for game-tying TD's in the Super Bowl. Also had a game tying TD with the Rams vs the Pats in 2001 and it had the same outcome 😞 

Man I forgot that.  I just cant bring myself to go back and watch the SB losses.

I didn't even realize that he had the game-tyer in both ours and Rams games.    

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, with the resurgence in our receiving corps, I had lost David Moore in the confusion. Something tells me he is going to be a solid contributor and make his presence known. 

I'm looking at what we have in WRs: Moore, Anderson, Marshall and this Moore. Then we've picked up Arnold and Tremble at the TE position. Then you add in CMC and his 1,000 yard receiving as a side benefit...

Sam Darnold has more weapons moving into this season than any Panthers QB in history. If we can get him decent protection, then I think he's going to have a shot at becoming great here. If not, I'm not sure it would ever happen.

I think Shi Smith can turn into a really solid player, too.  This is the most loaded WR room I remember us having.  If the promising young guys are able to develop, this could be a really exciting year.  

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I think Shi Smith can turn into a really solid player, too.  This is the most loaded WR room I remember us having.  If the promising young guys are able to develop, this could be a really exciting year.  

I get you on Shi Smith and I'd like to see an underdog really make it, I always like seeing that. There's just a lot of hands out there and only one ball to catch. 

On paper it looks great. If we don't move the ball, it's going to look bad for Darnold and Brady. Too many weapons out there for us to not be dangerous.