• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF says something nice about Sam Darnold

SBBlue

19 hours ago, NAS said:

WTF does that even mean

If a QB throws a bad pass that hits the CB in the hands but the CB drops the interception that is a turnover worthy play.  Doesn't show up in the stat sheet but still a bad play.

QB throws perfect pass to WR that goes through his hands and the CB gets an interception.  This is not a turnover worthy play even though it shows up in interception in a box score and therefore would hurt the QBs rating with some traditional grading systems.

21 hours ago, SBBlue said:

So we've got that going for us.

Well if you looked at his first 3 seasons overall, his INT rate went down each year :

15, then 13, then 11.

I think he'll throw only single digits this time if this trend continues(which I think it will, especially on this team).

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well if you looked at his first 3 seasons overall, his INT rate went down each year :

15, then 13, then 11.

I think he'll throw only single digits this time if this trend continues(which I think it will, especially on this team).

Oh, you Sunshine Squad people, always looking for hope.  😉

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

His INT% was basically the same the past two years. 

2018: 3.6%

2019: 2.9%

2020: 3.0%

Ahh yes, but down 16.7% from his rookie season.  See?  Improvement.

I was wondering when you going to show and bestow your realism on us.

8 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Ahh yes, but down 16.7% from his rookie season.  See?  Improvement.

I was wondering when you going to show and bestow your realism on us.

I actually look at the statistics. It does help quite a bit.

I understand the need to cherry pick for a player with some pretty bad career statistics. It is what it is.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I actually look at the statistics. It does help quite a bit.

I do too.  

I understand the need to cherry pick for a player with some pretty bad career statistics. It is what it is.

What else can we do?  The dude does not look good on paper.  He's not the turnover machine some describes, but he has bottom of the league performance.

Our coaches and management have concluded there's something there.

Maybe there is.

I appreciate you here keeping us grounded.

It'd be boring otherwise.

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I do too.  

What else can we do?  The dude does not look good on paper.  He's not the turnover machine some describes, but he has bottom of the league performance.

Maybe there is.

Frankly, the stats horse has been beaten to death. There is no purpose to cherry pick stats for him. The only thing that will change minds is games played in a Panthers uni. 

Until that happens, he is who he has been.

49 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I do too.  

Maybe there is.

If only there was a Sarcasm font. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

There's really no purpose for us to be on the Huddle in early July.

We're just passing the time.

Discussion is fine but cherry picking stats is fruitless in this scenario because the overwhelming bulk of his stats are so clearly negative. It isn't even a case where you can pull small bits of data out to support a good statistical argument. He has been pretty bad to date.

That's why I don't get this specific urge to paint a scenario that isn't reality. 

Decision making has been the issue all along hence the seeing ghosts remarks. I'm optimistic for his playmaking abilities with his arm and scrambling but I need to see it to believe it that he will cut down on the ints. As of right now I am realistic and expecting 12-15. Single digits would be in elite quarterback territory and at this stage pure fantasy until we see some starts.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Decision making has been the issue all along hence the seeing ghosts remarks.

I great analysis of the ghosts game: 

The Patriots made Sam Darnold and Patrick Mahomes see ghosts with the exact same blitz - YouTube

I'm optimistic for his playmaking abilities with his arm and scrambling but I need to see it to believe it that he will cut down on the ints. As of right now I am realistic and expecting 12-15. Single digits would be in elite quarterback territory and at this stage pure fantasy until we see some starts.

I agree.  Single digits is a tall order.