• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 Hidden Gems On the Roster

Full article: Panthers: 2 great hidden gems on the Carolina roster (clutchpoints.com)

1. Dan Arnold

His arrival to the Panthers will definitely benefit their new QB1 in Sam Darnold who is also aiming to have a comeback season of his own. Ultimately, offensive coordinator Joe Brady is hoping that Dan Arnold can successfully fill in the huge hole in the tight end position and become an added threat for the team’s offense next season.

2. Yetur Gross-Matos

Unfortunately, Gross-Matos wasn’t able to fully contribute as a rookie due to an ankle injury that he suffered in Week 5 of last season. He only appeared in 12 games for the Panthers and recorded 24 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a forced fumble. Despite missing out on several games, everyone knew that Gross-Matos has a promising potential that he can reach as his career progresses.

I am really posting this because I feel like YGM gets forgotten, but yet he has some serious potential in being part of (what I think) can be the best DE combination that this league has to offer.  Burns and YGM?! Can/will be an absolute nightmare for opponents, and for many seasons to come!

• Pie 7

Tough year last year.

He suffered an ankle injury in Week 5 and was placed on injured reserve on October 16, 2020.[11] He was activated on November 7, 2020, prior to Week 9.[12] He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on November 30, 2020,[13] and activated on December 10.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yetur_Gross-Matos

This year...with his experience and getting a full season of practice I think he can take a big leap.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I am taking most of my homerism stock and putting it into our DL and WR groups.

DL

Top shelf (or higher) quality: Brian Burns (star), Hassan Reddick, Daquan Jones, Derrick Brown 

Above Average/Stud Potential: YGM, Morgan Fox, Bravyon Roy, Davi Nixon

Totally respectable depth: Marquis Haynes, Christian Miller

Saywho?: Phil Hoskins

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Full article: Panthers: 2 great hidden gems on the Carolina roster (clutchpoints.com)

1. Dan Arnold

His arrival to the Panthers will definitely benefit their new QB1 in Sam Darnold who is also aiming to have a comeback season of his own. Ultimately, offensive coordinator Joe Brady is hoping that Dan Arnold can successfully fill in the huge hole in the tight end position and become an added threat for the team’s offense next season.

Sam and Dan are The D'arnolds connection.

7 hours ago, saX man said:

I am taking most of my homerism stock and putting it into our DL and WR groups.

DL

Top shelf (or higher) quality: Brian Burns (star), Hassan Reddick, Daquan Jones, Derrick Brown 

Above Average/Stud Potential: YGM, Morgan Fox, Bravyon Roy, Davi Nixon

Totally respectable depth: Marquis Haynes, Christian Miller

Saywho?: Phil Hoskins

I would actually say that Burns is the only one in that top shelf category.

Reddick is in the "potential" category only because he was a bust until his contract year. The raw material is there but you always have to be suspicious of a guy that blows up in the last year of his contract. That is why I love the contract we signed him for. Excellent prove it deal.

Jones has been a quality starter in the NFL for years but definitely not an elite player. I would say a good player but I don't know if I would say he has a ceiling that can get him into that top shelf group at 29. It's possible but unlikely. And, ultimately, I don't think that it matters. If he was just what he was in TEN, it will be a big upgrade and he will be a starter and contributor for us.

Derrick Brown is high in potential but very low in reps on the field. I'd put him in that "stud potential" group until he more consistently shows it on the field. He is our  best candidate to ascend into that group in the next 1-2 seasons.

I would honestly split that "Above Average" group out and put the "Stud Potential" guys slightly above them. I don't think most Above Average players have Stud Potential, being my logic behind that. Say, for instance, Jones is Above Average but Derrick Brown has Stud Potential. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would actually say that Burns is the only one in that top shelf category.

Reddick is in the "potential" category only because he was a bust until his contract year. The raw material is there but you always have to be suspicious of a guy that blows up in the last year of his contract. That is why I love the contract we signed him for. Excellent prove it deal.

Jones has been a quality starter in the NFL for years but definitely not an elite player. I would say a good player but I don't know if I would say he has a ceiling that can get him into that top shelf group at 29. It's possible but unlikely. And, ultimately, I don't think that it matters. If he was just what he was in TEN, it will be a big upgrade and he will be a starter and contributor for us.

Derrick Brown is high in potential but very low in reps on the field. I'd put him in that "stud potential" group until he more consistently shows it on the field. He is our  best candidate to ascend into that group in the next 1-2 seasons.

I would honestly split that "Above Average" group out and put the "Stud Potential" guys slightly above them. I don't think most Above Average players have Stud Potential, being my logic behind that. Say, for instance, Jones is Above Average but Derrick Brown has Stud Potential. 

How effective they are as a unit is what matters. Not each being an All Pro