• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What They're Saying: Sam Darnold a breakout candidate

"On Monday, NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund named Darnold one of her top candidates for a breakout season in 2021 during the network's NFL All Access show.

Her argument: "Sam Darnold could be poised for an uptick. He's coming back. I think he's going to be the guy we thought he was going to be. [...] Sam Darnold does know how to throw the deep ball; we did see it before. Last year, OK, it didn't work out so well. But let's move it down south, get that blue uniform on instead of the green one, and see what happens here when you have some great receivers […] and I think you're going to have a resurgent Sam Darnold.

...Frelund speaks to the "video game" nature of Joe Brady's LSU offense in 2019 and believes Panthers fans could see a lot of fireworks with Darnold at the helm this year.

"

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Fun. Exciting. Fast. Not boring. Not predictable. 

Maybe we will actually see some of that this season. Based on last season I did not see any of that. I'm hoping the problem was behind center but I will admit I'm not sold on the golden boy either.  I guess we shall see. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe we will actually see some of that this season. Based on last season I did not see any of that. I'm hoping the problem was behind center but I will admit I'm not sold on the golden boy either.  I guess we shall see. 

We were handcuffed by a QB wearing gloves.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Other than questions remaining about the O-line, Sam has upgrades at every position vs what he had with the Jets.  Can't think of a much better situation for a QB looking to redeem himself.  Here's hoping for the best. 

Yeah .. other than the trash line .. that's kind of a big deal