• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What They're Saying: Sam Darnold a breakout candidate

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This refrain is so incredibly tired and worn out...

...f***ing get over it already.  

Ownership is a 2-way street...you only want it to go 1-way --- take the blinders off.

Huh?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:
2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This refrain is so incredibly tired and worn out...

...f***ing get over it already.  

Ownership is a 2-way street...you only want it to go 1-way --- take the blinders off.

Huh?

"Jet's really suck"

"Sam was drafted #3"

"Sam can really "sling it"..."

Freaking come up with some new material/support or pipe down until the damn season starts...

..the incessant whining that Sam "was mistreated" has worn thin and has no merit --- take it somewhere else already!

28 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

"Jet's really suck"

"Sam was drafted #3"

Freaking come up with some new material/support or pipe down until the damn season starts...

..the incessant whining that Sam "was mistreated" has worn thin and has no merit --- take it somewhere else already!

No worries buddy.

I'll do my best.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I think Sizzle is upset.   Was it something FACTUAL you said? 😏

I know right?

Trolls kind of work together, or are the same person, so he may be mad about the CMC thread.  

Anyway, I told him no worries and then went and kicked this thread: How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold? - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

I may look up a few more facts and append them this week.

Its been a really slow news week.  I can't even find good clickbait to discuss. 

I was thinking about posting this one

Why is Sam Darnold getting so much love from leading analysts? (catcrave.com)

But decided against it cause the quotes are repeats.

Camp isn't far though!

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1

I don't generally agree with sizzle but he does have a point. People will gripe about negativity but only sit around recycling the same takes about Sam being a victim and the Jets abusing him. He is a former third overall pick. He's a man. Let him stand on his own and redeem himself.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't generally agree with sizzle but he does have a point. People will gripe about negativity but only sit around recycling the same takes about Sam being a victim and the Jets abusing him. He is a former third overall pick. He's a man. Let him stand on his own and redeem himself.

We need the critics, it makes this place work.  I've learned a lot from other people's contrary posts on this board.    In this case, I guess my point about the jets line being worse than ours, set him off.   

Cool.  He is on a Panthers board, where he might run into people trying to figure out how Sam might work here when he didn't work there.    The 2020 jets oline was worse than ours, I've done my homework.  If he want's to argue it, bring it on.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

We need the critics, it makes this place work.  I've learned a lot from other people's contrary posts on this board.    In this case, I guess my point about the jets line being worse than ours, set him off.   

Cool.  He is on a Panthers board, where he might run into people trying to figure out how Sam might work here when he didn't work there.    The 2020 jets oline was worse than ours, I've done my homework.  If he want's to argue it, bring it on.

This seems reasonable. I can't speak to his personal allegiances though. On the o line topic for us it becomes a matter of where is the bar. Are we setting it at simply better than the Jets or are we wanting to truly protect our qb? We already have had the worst ranked line in our division. The key to maximizing possible potential for Sam is versatility. He can move around the pocket and scramble if need be situationally. But we must not allow ourselves to be one dimensional as we have in the past. We can't rely on one offensive player to carry the burden because then we become predictable and we have seen the results of that over the years. Our receivers and backs collectively must help ease the transition for Darnold. If this happens success could certainly be on the horizon.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

"Jet's really suck"

"Sam was drafted #3"

It absolutely has merit. It shows the situation he came from. It allows us to see what kind of man he is, as he never once blamed anyone else but himself. It shows us that maybe with some help, he might actually be pretty good.

He came from a dumpster fire. The questions become. Is he scarred for life? Or can we fix him?

• Pie 3

On 7/8/2021 at 11:19 AM, 1usctrojan said:

Imagine how much it would sting if Sam helps the Panthers to succeed here….they’ve taken more of a media hit by the sports talking heads when they traded Sam, with many giving at least some level of excuse to the sad sap Jets franchise for Sam’s’ failure to produce.  It even happened on draft day.

Why else would they care? Lots of hate for a young man that never once complained, or threw his teammates, coaches, fans or the owners under the bus?

Lol

sounds like Cam Newton to me   Clearly, you are new here 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:45 PM, SBBlue said:

Do you think we should have drafted Slater in the first?

No, I like the Horn pick. BUT, Randunz in the 2nd, especially after the trade back, would have made me a happy MF.

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

No, I like the Horn pick. BUT, Randunz in the 2nd, especially after the trade back, would have made me a happy MF.

I didn't know much about Radunz.  He went to North Dakota State, his wingspan is longer than BC by a 1/4 inch, but he weighs the same.  He is 1.5 years younger.

He was taken at 53 we took Terrace Marshal at 59 and BC at 70.  So to get him, we would have had to give up one of the trade downs,  my guess is the lost pick would have been Marshal and we wouldn't have traded up for BC, so  we'd have an additional 6th.  We also would have drafted someone else beside BC at 73.

I haven't watched his tape, is there something on his tape that makes him a better pick than BC?  Maybe a game where he faced someone good I could look at?

Edited by SBBlue